On the hunt again

Wow, great read. I'm just about to settle on my first commercial property but now feel like a small fish in a very big pond after reading this! Although, maybe I like being a small fish, less complicated that way!

JC

Sounds like your "retirement" has turned into a "full time job"

True, but it all comes back to the definition of the word retirement.

I've never been one to be happy lying on a beach sipping dacquiri's. I reckon anyone with enough get up and go to get into that position where it becomes a reality, won't be able to simply switch off that engine and just loll about for the next 50 years. I certainly don't plan to.

My definition of retirement is I don't have to do what the boss wants me to do.

Working 14 hrs a day on a deal, where if it comes off, you get 100% of the benefits is rewarding. Working 14 hrs a day so the boss can say to yeah, righto, but be in early tomorrow cos I want you to now do this instead doesn't quite have the same motivation factor to it. Regardless you get paid the same whether you do that, or slink off to the cafe with the workmates and talk about how much your job sux.

Walking around in your PJ's at 11 in the morning at home, talking with some head knob over in Sydney closing a deal ain't exactly working hard, certainly not by my definition of work.

Paperwork sent through. Legal side decides to get cute and changes 4 things to their advantage in the process. Need to spend 5 hours trawling through the document with a fine tooth comb to find them all.

Pardon my ignorance Dazz but I thought with contracts, that all parties are bound to outline any alterations/amendments??? I'm assuming this is not the case when fishing in the bigger ponds you swim in?

Also, there are some pretty smart freeware programs that will trawl though multiple doc's (legal, PDF, applications or whatever) and highlight the changes in a matter of seconds.

PM me and I'll send you a few links if you like?

Cheers

B.D..

PS: please keep the updates coming. v entertaining.. :)

Pardon my ignorance Dazz but I thought with contracts, that all parties are bound to outline any alterations/amendments??? I'm assuming this is not the case when fishing in the bigger ponds you swim in?

Due to no legal binding contract having been executed between both parties as yet, we are not bound by anything at all.

We are negotiating the Sales Contract....everything is up for grabs until both parties have inked.

Sure - once it's signed off by both parties, all subsequent amendments need to be agreed in writing. Until then, it's all fun and games and you need to be on your toes.

Size of the pond or the barracuda's patrolling the waters has no bearing on this stuff.

Also, there are some pretty smart freeware programs that will trawl though multiple doc's (legal, PDF, applications or whatever) and highlight the changes in a matter of seconds.

Thanks for the offer, but I fear my dunce level of all things IT would render me frustrated at the programs not working. When putting significant sums on the line, I don't want to put my faith in some pimply IT kid who says 'sure, it'll work, no worries'. He ain't got the beanies to back up that statement.

Due to no legal binding contract having been executed between both parties as yet, we are not bound by anything at all.

We are negotiating the Sales Contract....everything is up for grabs until both parties have inked.

Sure - once it's signed off by both parties, all subsequent amendments need to be agreed in writing. Until then, it's all fun and games and you need to be on your toes.

Size of the pond or the barracuda's patrolling the waters has no bearing on this stuff.

Yes, I had (incorrectly) assumed you had already progressed to the inking stage and was thus perplexed with the shenanigans of hidden clauses. Right you are!
As you say, it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

Thanks for the offer, but I fear my dunce level of all things IT would render me frustrated at the programs not working. When putting significant sums on the line, I don't want to put my faith in some pimply IT kid who says 'sure, it'll work, no worries'. He ain't got the beanies to back up that statement.

No problem.
But do know that that same pimply IT kid as also writing the code for the banks that hold your millions hard earned...:)
Oh, and here's another pimply faced kid that may have some of these "beans" you speak of...:)
bill_gates_1990.jpg

No problem.
But do know that that same pimply IT kid as also writing the code for the banks that hold your millions hard earned...:)

Being one of those pimply IT kids and with some years experience in the finance sector I can assure Dazz that he's taking the correct approach. :)

You would not believe the malarkey that goes on. Millions being treated in a way I wouldn't want to treat a hundered!

Yes, I had (incorrectly) assumed you had already progressed to the inking stage and was thus perplexed with the shenanigans of hidden clauses. Right you are!
As you say, it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

No problem.
Oh, and here's another pimply faced kid that may have some of these "beans" you speak of...:)
bill_gates_1990.jpg

If I was unfamiliar with IT, I would not out of the blue entrust microsoft products before umderstanding the either, when I know I can do it myself

my last version of windows media player would not play movies ? good programming - how would that IMPROVE or HELP what is already being done to to the level required by Dazz ?

Last edited:
cripes jaycee - what've you been drinking before typing?

asides - thanks so much for sharing daz, really enjoying this thread and the reinforcement of resolve required.

if I Was Unfamiliar With It, I Woudl Not Out Of Th Eblue Entrust Micorsof Tproducts Withbefore Udnerstadning Them, Wehn I Cknow I Can Do It Myself

My Last Everiosnb Of Mwindows Media Player Would Not Paly Movies - How Would That Improve Or Help What Is Already Being Done To To The Level Required By Dazz ?

Watch out! The aliens have landed and they are trying to learn our language!

Last edited:
Hi Mr Dazz

Loved reading this post..

How long did it take you start investing in commerical property after you started investing in property?

How did you change the first letter of every word except "if" to a capital letter ?

Mate, I have no idea. I originally wrote my post in all caps, but the mods don't like that it seems, cause when it posted, only the first letters were in capitals. Overzealousness reigns supreme.

That's why I edited it - it looked stupid with all capitals. I hadn't even noticed that the quote ended up being all capitals as well until you mentioned it.

Common now..we all know our eyes only need to see that the 1st and last letter of a word are in the correct order and our brain will tell us the word:D

That's how I figured out Mark Laszczuk's surname is pronounced Lakers

:D just kidding Mark, don't get me started on mine

Pardon my post Dazz and please accept my apologies for sidetracking an otherwise great thread.
My reference to Mr Gates was tongue in cheek (anyone tried using Vista lately) and was merely a fellow IT pundit's attempt at sarcasm.

You know, there really needs to be a "sarcasm" key on keyboards....it would make life so much easier..
Perhaps they could put it next to the "any" key..

Cheers

B.D

PS: Please keep the updates coming...

Back