One Euro Houses..

I like the idea of having an English-speaking intermediary. But I wouldn't touch it. I think that corruption is rife in that part of the world. Think of the pay-offs, the bribes, the under-the-table transactions required to get anything done there. If you complained you would get a visit from someone. And then there are the Italian laws governing real estate--they get messy. Are the properties heritage listed? I imagine so. In which case that is another nightmare. In any Venetian house you cannot even change a tap. Maybe I am too cynical. I am Italian, lol. And what is there in the middle of Sicily? It's not even near the water.

And if you want to rent them out to anyone other than foreigners on a short-term basis, watch out. If you think the laws here in Australia favour the tenant, they are nothing like the laws in Italy. I have relatives with investment properties there who now don't even have tenants because, if you get a bad one, there is no way of getting them out.:(

There is a catch with this but for the price,and do a reno in another country..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...o-a-house-in-an-idyllic-Sicilian-village.html

This reminds me of the properties in Detroit selling for as little as $10,000, there is a catch though you need a gun when inspecting, this is not a joke. Also, they are foreclosures and have back taxes which have accrued which you will have to pay. On top of this ..... not the best prospect of finding good tenants when buying in the hood.

I like the idea of owning a holiday home in Italy but not in this little town that's for sure.

This reminds me of the properties in Detroit selling for as little as $10,000, there is a catch though you need a gun when inspecting, this is not a joke. Also, they are foreclosures and have back taxes which have accrued which you will have to pay. On top of this ..... not the best prospect of finding good tenants when buying in the hood.

In case you were wondering how that is working out for them ... http://goobingdetroit.tumblr.com

Ha ha, not really, it would be a nightmare, I know investors who got suckered into buying in the hood in Detroit, I think it was an Aussie company Cash Flow Capital promoting this rubbish.... I don't expect any growth just a whole world of pain.

MTR:)

Back