One paint colour for walls and ceilings

Hi Guys, Just a quick one. What is the Best paint colour for walls and ceilings when I want to paint them all the same colour?

Craig

Can give a very wierd effect though.... Only time we've done it is where we sold a property that was .... er.... "slanting" in all sorts of direcitions, so we painted everything white (couldn't tell the line where the wall met the ceiling) after using tonnes of spak filla :eek:

Cheers,

The Y-man

We have just used Antique White USA on walls and ceiling in a new 2 bed home and it looks great. Had all positive comments from prospective buyers. Used double strength AW. USA acrylic gloss on trims and doors.

We have just used Antique White USA on walls and ceiling in a new 2 bed home and it looks great. Had all positive comments from prospective buyers. Used double strength AW. USA acrylic gloss on trims and doors.

Another vote for AW USA and agree with the gloss on trims etc.

We used 1/4 China White on our recent PPoR reno.

Very nice, soft and warm - has no "yellow" tinge to it and doesn't look "nanna" beige.

:cool: Or use white on the ceiling and a slightly darker white on the walls. It is easy and gives a better appearance than all white.

Looking at painting the interior to our duplex Grand Piano Quarter. Anyone had any experience with this colour? Its got a little more grey in it than the Hog Bristle.

Grand Piano Half is an excellent colour choice so can only assume the lighter version of it is too.

I favour keeping away from lots of white unless you have perfect or near perfect wall surfaces. So for an older IP, I would usually recommend to my clients something along the lines of the Grand Piano Quarter, Grey Pebble Half etc... Resene also do some beautiful colours (www.resene.com.au) but they have limited suppliers. Definately worth checking out their Whites and Neutrals range.

White everywhere can come across as very sterile - particularly if you have a light coloured hard flooring throughout (ie tiles or timber flooring).

Also, depending on the colour you select, having walls and ceiling the same colour can seem a bit 80's if you're not careful.

If you must have white walls, then can I suggest a warmer coloured floor?

Doing what Joycenmat suggested is a great way to give the illusion of a higher ceiling. If your ceiling is lighter than your walls, it will give the perception that it is higher. If the ceiling is darker, it will give the appearance that the ceiling is lower (which can work well if the ceiling is extra high and you want too create a more intimate space).

Hope that's helpful!

I viewed a house or sale recently where the walls were 1/2 strength Grand Piano. It is reasonably deep in colour but looked really good. I would like to repaint our house. Any suggestions on colours that would go with white tiles and beige carpets? Grand Piano seems to clash a little with the carpet.

We renovated a 7 bedroom home - Whisper White - sprayed all walls and ceilings after all flooring was ripped out.

Looked like a lunatic asylum until flooring and fixtures went in.

We chose Whisper White for all our renos - any leftover from the last one will be taken to the next one. Touch up paints for tenants not a problem.

We also love the concept

Always paint our ceilings and walls the same colour, or choose a 1/2 strength for the ceiling if we want to highlight a bit more.
As for colours
China White, is a nice colour we use often
Whisper White
and Hogs Bristle

(All Dulux colours)

Stay clear of Stark white as it really does tend to emit a very sterile feel to any property

good luck with your choice!

Back