OooooAaaaargh! Everybody Loves Raymond!

OooooAaaaargh! Everybody Loves Raymond!

OK, This is an Opportunity thingy.

I am about six weeks out from opening my new shopfront.

This is a very swish, start-of-the-art shopfront at Mordialloc, just around from the beach and close to Doyle's!

I am about to start advertising and interviewing for Loan Writers. Not just any ordinary Loan Writers, mind, I want people who are passionate about property and who are also happy Vegemites in their own right!

It also helps if you are fascinated with people - I am a people and perhaps it's narcissist, but after thirty years working with people wanting to buy and invest in property I have to say that every day is completely different and I have no idea when I wake up in the morning what will happen each day or who I will talk to or even where I will be. Unkind people, of course, would say that I simply have no idea but that would be cruel!

You have to have a high tolerance for dog hair, be able to talk the hind leg off a donkey, be truthful, have a factual approach and an insatiable thirst for trivial detail.

In other words, I am looking for people who are so excited about property that they have a burning desire to help as many other people as possible buy their first home or their last home or their twenty-third investment property or whatever.

When I started in real estate in 1975 I had the great good fortune to start with Robert Moreland in Russell Street in Melbourne. It wasn't easy - nothing is - but they provided me with my 'lucky break' into such a marvellous and vibrant industry and the mortgage industry is just so complex and fascinating and really, I just love it!

So maybe this is the ‘lucky break’ for you!

So - if you are thinking that 'maybe, one day' you might like to help other people in to their own home, well, I am looking for people who are 'Mini Mees' and who are able to work from their diary (meaning: evenings and weekends when other people are available) and who would like to 'get in on the ground floor' and help me build a network of dynamic offices in the Bayside area.

Have a think about it or if you know somebody who might be interested please pass this along.

What's in it for you? Well, that depends on what you want. Some of the most successful people I have met over the years do what they love at their own pace (life style), others roar into their work and become consumed by it (brilliant career).

I have no preference for gender, age, race, what you eat or what you drive. My territory is so diverse that another language would be helpful (I only speak Aussie) and I believe in training to strengths, not weaknesses. Most 'sales people' are totally lousy at paperwork, which is why I will have plenty of admin staff!

Well, that's about 1,000 words. I could go on. However, if you are interested please email or call me and I look forward to having the conversation

Thanks

Kristine
1300 BAYSIDE

If I was still in Melbourne, I'd give you a holler for sure, but alas my Bayside is about 2,000 km's away from you. Best of luck - not that you need it!

Mark

Hi Kristine

No, I'm not applying for the position.... it's your heading to the thread that caught my attention. As it always does whenever I see 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. :p I don't see the relevance of it as far as the thread goes but that's fine by me.

Personally, I think that it's the greatest title for a TV show EVER!! I'm a great advocate for it. Why?? hmmmm. I'll let you figure it out.

Cheers
Raymond (aka SoS) :D

PS. Last year a new sitcom was released in the USA called 'Everybody Hates Chris'. I haven't seen it yet but I thought it was quite ironic they called it that. My brother Chris just can't seem to see the funny side though. LOL!

PPS. I just realised this is my 1000th post, do I get a prize??

Ray -

Raymond is the name of the Ram!

The early advertisements featured Raymond and Bruce in the paddock talking about their home loans.

Bruce seems to have dropped off the radar, now the advertisements simply feature Raymond - Raymond in cupboards, Raymond in supermarkets, Raymond reading the Financial Review - Raymond just about everywhere, talking about home loans.

And believe me, everybody loves Raymond! That sheep has a lot to answer for!!!

Cheers

Kristine

I would never participate in such a thing!

But sounds interesting for those that want to. I personally am not lured to charm other people’s ideals to be a guinea pig. Nor is that the reason why I pursue my career.

You seem like a nice person, good luck with it. About the only time I have spent time in a City was when I was flown in Via Plane and Ambulanced to Hospital for a few weeks stay. The bustle and traffic can stay to themselves.

P.S. "Everyone loves Raymond" has got to be an in house consideration in the lounge rooms of people that know him to say that because, I totally can't stand the dorky moron, he's such a fool my telly set would get turned off every time he came on. Then TV is a thing of the past for me, haven't watched it for three years mostly unless it's informative. Like the interview with the millionaire pensioner the other night on 7.

The third one Wasp. I'm going to buy here book to see if there is anything interesting in it. It's called 'Goodbye Welfare'.

Reactions: Les
hervey 6

Hi Kristine.... Iam living such a long way from you, I am in the property boom area of Hervey Bay,,,,, if I can help with anything up here give me a holla....

Regards Wayne alias Hervey 6

In Mordialloc

I was in Mordialloc this morning.

I just noticed the Rams shopfront. Its certainly in a very good position. I hope all goes well.

Dear Kristine,

How is your new wonderful business going?

Are you still looking for people...do you need anyone from the Inner west who can speak Vietnamese.

Hope everything is going to plan and an update on your adventures would be fantastic.

Mrs Bird:)

Hello Toony and Mrs Bird

Yes, thanks, we have settled in a bit now, although I am yet to get crockery and there are still no phones! My mobile phone bill for April was $750. Oh.

Everybody has made us feel very welcome. It is a very friendly area, really laid back, I guess being close to the beach itself is a holiday feeling. I can smell the salt in the air and we have a mini Nauru Island on the roof but the bird droppings have, over the years, played havoc with the metal decking and last week's rain found it's way inside, running down my lovely painted walls and into the new carpet, adding a little textural interest to the decor!

The shop has interesting sight lines, but although I was a bit concerned at the front interview room being 'open' to the street, to my surprise most people have chosen to sit there and look out rather than in the second, internal, interview room, so we provide a bit of street theatre, I guess, complete with fluffy Raymonds (although one small visitor bit the leg off the stress raymond!) I should have provided mint jelly to go with that!

So my business is not as 'out there' as Geoff's Subway is, but hopefully over the next ten years we will become as much a part of the neighbourhood as Geoff already has in his area. The locals tell me that Mordialloc is just amazing in the warmer months and I have already been open each Saturday so I can see that I will not be ageing gracefully and if I thought that my days of 80 hour weeks were gone that I was mistaken.

So I look forward to having the phones and the internet connected and being able to fax from the office instead of driving up to Westall or bringing faxes home (although using the mobile as a wireless modem has been a godsend).

And yes, I am going to be always looking for staff, so if driving from the inner west to Mordialloc would not be too much of a chore (along the scenic route takes about thirty minutes) I would be happy to hear from them.

Regards

Kristine

Back