Oops, it was my Wedding Anniversary yesterday...

Am I OK or am I in big doodoo?

• Don't worry, you were out on an ocean cruise and she won't expect you to have remembered.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Poor form dude. She'll let you off but you've got some serious sucking up to do.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Busted. Marital duties are off the radar for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Seriously busted. Grovel and you might be able to salvage the marriage with therapy.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I was just far too busy having just returned from a one week ocean cruise with my beautiful wife and I completely forgot it was actually our anniversary yesterday. I think she must have forgotten too as she didn't mention it. Either that or I'm in REALLY BIG trouble...

Help me out people, what are my options? Am I in trouble, or is it all hunky dorey?

Surely its just one of those things! :D :eek:

Cheers,
Michael

My husband and I both forget just about every year. We planned a big one for our 10th anniversary and went away to Mindarie for about 4-5 days without the kids. It was like another honey moon, so relaxing.

I struggle with remembering, but her birthday is a week later on the 15th of March...I don't dare neglect it.

(let's see how many people can figure that out - hint: it's a Shakespearean reference)

They pretend to forget, but they never do. This little episode will bit you on the ar$e when you least expect it. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for a long time. But it will.
I'd be buying something special and mumble something about how it got delivered a day late, or something like that.
NEVER admit to forgetting!

earn the brownie points -
buy flowers and a card (or whatever she's into) today - apologize straight up for having forgotten. If she forgot you've picked up major brownie points, if she didn't - at least you didn't need her prompting to remember and you've tried to make up for it.

run out and buy her a shiny trinket.....take her out to lunch somewhere nice tonight, tomorrow, whenever you can find a baby sitter.......have the waiter deliver on silver platter concealed by large dome, the 'chef's special request'......the trinket on purple velvet with bottle of favorite perfume, surrounded by exotic flowers.

for accompanying dessert, ring the chef beforehand to see if they can do something exotic like Mango and Red Grapefruit Sabayon, with Persian Fairy Floss.

refuse requests by management for violin and accordion accompaniment. :)

Michael, I would say WW is right on the money!
At least mentioning it would be nice - and even something small like flowers would be appreciated. I never thought that DH & I would be the type to forget anniversaries, but last year we had a special dinner 1 week earlier as we were on holidays too. When it came to the actual day (our 12th wedding anniversary) we both forgot.
Yep, in some respects it is "just one of those things," and doesn't sound indicative of what you think of your lovely wife. Still not too late to put it "right" though; I think that trying to forget about it would be poor form.

Use WW's formula

Yep....put it right :eek:

Also explain to her how wonderful the cruise was, as the prelude to your actual anniversary celebrations, :rolleyes: that shall now take the form of WW's itinerary and formula.

Explain how you thought an impromptu celebration lunch/dinner, etc was required so as not to have a structured (usual) celebration planned as henceforthwith detracting from the splendour of the cruise.........basically, grovel, beg, pray and put it right Mr. W

Help me out people, what are my options?

Michael, they say the best form of defence is offence. You are looking at this all wrong. Your wife forgot YOUR wedding anniversary. ;)

I'd sulk a lot and when she askes why, tell her that every year YOU remember, but this year you thought you'd let her make the first move (make sure you already have the present wrapped and easily to hand). Then say here's your present that I've had prepared for days but where's mine from you?....and why don't you remember? (act all hurt). :p

Also explain to her how wonderful the cruise was, as the prelude to your actual anniversary celebrations, :rolleyes: that shall now take the form of WW's itinerary and formula.

Brilliant. Yes, a prelude. So for the actual celebration to be truly effective, there had to be a brief hiatus before the main event.
As you can see from my avatar, I'm not wearing my hat. That's because I've taken my hat off to you Mr Player.
True genius!

Michael, they say the best form of defence is offence. You are looking at this all wrong. Your wife forgot YOUR wedding anniversary. ;)

lol alot like what I was thinking :D

If you were still on the boat on the date of your anniversary, then there's no need to buy a present! You let her know that you're very disappointed that she didn't say happy anniversary to you, even though you took her on a beautifull cruise for the anniversary :(

I'm guessing that she knows you too well, and she'd reply with something like "I know you forgot, I kept on dropping you hints and you never picked up on any of them :rolleyes:"

So yeah, i think you might be in trouble.

I'm liking this a lot and madly taking copious notes...

I think a "make it right" activity is in order. She'll then be over the moon that I remembered, albeit belatedly, and I can pretend I never forgot! In fact, she constantly gets the actual anniversary date of 24/1 mixed up with Australia Day 26/1 as it was the weekend prior to Australia Day when we were married. The certificate says 24/1 but in her mind it the mental trigger is 26/1 so its tomorrow right? ;)

I'll play along with the "So how exactly would you like to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow as we always celebrate it on Australia Day?" Might even suggest somewhere nice for lunch. I can then slip the present out at the same time as the "celebration" and incorporate it. Wouldn't make sense to have just dropped it in her lap on a boring old Sunday now would it...

I'll nick off from work early and take a run up to Indooroopilly and see what Myers and some of the other boutiques in there have to offer. Get a nice card, get it wrapped and sneak it home. I can then sneak it into the stuff we take to lunch tomorrow and pretend its been sitting and waiting forever!!

Love your work guys,
Michael

PS None of you are to dob on me when you meet Kay at the next social gathering right! Somersoft code of conduct: Whats posted on the forum, stays on the forum... ;)

I was just far too busy having just returned from a one week ocean cruise with my beautiful wife and I completely forgot it was actually our anniversary yesterday. I think she must have forgotten too as she didn't mention it. Either that or I'm in REALLY BIG trouble...

She has forgotten it too, so I would just say "We were having such a great time on our one week ocean cruise, that it slipped my mind. It seems that we both missed our anniversary. How about we take ourselves out to dinner?".

Surely if you didn't mention it, and she didn't mention it, it has been forgotten by BOTH of you. She cannot take the higher moral ground here. It is not the man's job to remember anniversaries. I would understand if you forgot her birthday, but this day is for BOTH of you.

Surely if you didn't mention it, and she didn't mention it, it has been forgotten by BOTH of you. She cannot take the higher moral ground here. It is not the man's job to remember anniversaries. I would understand if you forgot her birthday, but this day is for BOTH of you.
KUDOS!!!

And for anyone else that tells me I'm the good guy here! (only kidding Sim)...

I still think a nice little present and a celebratory lunch would be a nice touch... :D

Cheers,
Michael

Back