Opinions on Henley Homes

Hi Guys

I need your help and advice on Henley homes. My husband and I like a design of a Henley home, and are looking to knock down and re-build in a already built up suburb. This is our first home where we are starting from scratch.

I have been reading reviews on Mactalk and productreview and I am really surprised at how negative the reviews are. The reviews are stating the craftmanship is poor, in some cases walls aren't staight, cracked walls, bad customer service, poor follow up etc. There are positive reviews as well, but there are far more negative.

If anyone has built with Henley can you please tell me your experiences good or bad? As I am trying to make an informed decision, and dont want to regret making a reallllllllllllly big mistake.

Hi Gabstar, a different opinion here. I don't like Henley's houses. I find that they're not bright enough and look too similar (different house, same color scheme :eek:).

I think you have to decide how reliable the reviews are and go from there.

All buildings are only as good as the building foreman and the contractors you use.

Regardless of choice of builder, ensure that you that follow through all stages of the build.

I think you will usually get good and bad reviews about all builders. Meet with them and see what they have to say about the bad reviews. Then decide. Perhaps talk to other building companies too.

Also, if you go on the www.homeone.com.au forum, that is a site specifically for people like you building a new home. There are heaps of people building with Henley on that site. Post the same question on that forum.

good luck

All buildings are only as good as the building foreman and the contractors you use.

Regardless of choice of builder, ensure that you that follow through all stages of the build.

BINGO

The company is legally the builder but in practice the builder is actually the supervisor, he hires and superviese the tradies..

However the company sets the rates that the supervisor can pay the tradies and that in itself often dictates the quality of the workmanship.

IMHO, Henley are a cheep and cheerful builder, you get a lot of house for your buck.

Remember 90% of building work is covered up, concentrate on the finishes.

My experience is that Henley home take about a year to be built.

Henley and their building warranty

Hi Guys

I need your help and advice on Henley homes. My husband and I like a design of a Henley home, and are looking to knock down and re-build in a already built up suburb. This is our first home where we are starting from scratch.

I have been reading reviews on Mactalk and productreview and I am really surprised at how negative the reviews are. The reviews are stating the craftmanship is poor, in some cases walls aren't staight, cracked walls, bad customer service, poor follow up etc. There are positive reviews as well, but there are far more negative.

If anyone has built with Henley can you please tell me your experiences good or bad? As I am trying to make an informed decision, and dont want to regret making a reallllllllllllly big mistake.

Gabstar this might be too late for you but ,,,,, we have had, and are having a very bad experience with Henley over the last 7 years. Most of the problems originate from slap dash workmanship. In our case there were too many Henley houses being built in our new estate 7 years ago (24) and the building supervisor of all the homes admitted to us at the time that he had no idea where our house was at during construction. In this current set of building defects, we are unfortunately off to VCAT later this month for 3 building warranty issues they are refusing to admit liability on. Henley never again for us or anyone we know.

Back