Optional searches QLD

Hi,

In the process of buying a vacant block of land in Deception Bay in a new estate (North Ridge estate). The conveyancer has sent me a list of "optional searches" I can do. A lot of these don't really seem relevant such as; QLD rail and Main Roads and contaminated land search. Should the energex search be done for vacant land though? There are no easements (that have been disclosed) and immediate neighbours have not built yet. So I would think there would not be any cables laid on the property yet.

Thanks

Hi Poppy

We're buying in the same estate. I only did the titles search, caboolture shire council search and energex search. Haven't gotten the energex one back yet, but don't know if it is worth bothering with.

BTW - Council rates are annual. I was told by the call centre that the notices will be issued mid July with the discount period ending in August, so if you want to take advantage of the discount (don't think it is much anyway), you need to send the Council a copy of Form 24 so they can register to send the 07-08 rates notice to you instead of the vender.

Back