Origin 2009

That should have been decided on the touchy's flag. It didn't go up. Ifs and buts are what sport is about though.

As an aside I'm disappointed with the two whistle blowers. I had hoped that they would just set the 10 metres and watch for forward passes but they seem to be unduely technical. Why not give 3 points for a penalty and find a hundred technical infringements? While you're at it: Add a couple of flankers. LOL

I reckon Des Haslers comments a couple of weeks ago sums it up on the "officialdom" of the game!

Typical origin game. Very close and could have went either way. NSW very unlucky with some calls, especially that first non try down the sideline. Maybe, probably the best side won, but,..?? can't wait for the second game,

See ya's.

umm! we must have been watching a different game...i rewatched the game last night actually..........the cockroaches were outplayed in every department...

sure the blues had a chance of winnning...but that was before the stepped onto the field...

100% blues are no chance of taking the shield this year looking at game one............

thurston and lockyer were streets ahead of the smartest nsw player......they are key for organizing qld's attack going forward......the blues have got who??? gus gould in the broadcast box with his one eyed commentary after set plays??

i dont rate any nsw player, never have, never will....

QUEENSLANDER to the death!!

OMG!! If that post isn't a QLD inferiority complex, i've never seen one.

As Roy Masters says "Its not a chip on the shoulder up there, its a Moreton Bay fig" LOL. I love my footy but i realise its only a footy game.

Couple of points re the game. If that first fair try wasn't disallowed to Hayne it would have been a different ball game. The young NSW team dropped their heads for a while after that.

If it wasn't for Civenoceva & Price gaining great field possie and denting the NSW advantage line, you guys would have been beaten. NSW had QLD absolutely beaten with a short passing game through the rucks in the second half tho.

Thurston is a dead set genius behind 2 dominating props (see previous point) and pretty good any other time but Locky was a bit of a passenger. His best days are behind him.

umm! we must have been watching a different game...i rewatched the game last night actually..........the cockroaches were outplayed in every department...

sure the blues had a chance of winnning...but that was before the stepped onto the field...

100% blues are no chance of taking the shield this year looking at game one............

thurston and lockyer were streets ahead of the smartest nsw player......they are key for organizing qld's attack going forward......the blues have got who??? gus gould in the broadcast box with his one eyed commentary after set plays??

i dont rate any nsw player, never have, never will....

QUEENSLANDER to the death!!

OMG!! If that post isn't a QLD inferiority complex, i've never seen one.

As Roy Masters says "Its not a chip on the shoulder up there, its a Moreton Bay fig" LOL. I love my footy but i realise its only a footy game.

Couple of points re the game. If that first fair try wasn't disallowed to Hayne it would have been a different ball game. The young NSW team dropped their heads for a while after that.

If it wasn't for Civenoceva & Price gaining great field possie and denting the NSW advantage line, you guys would have been beaten. NSW had QLD absolutely beaten with a short passing game through the rucks in the second half tho.

Thurston is a dead set genius behind 2 dominating props (see previous point) and pretty good any other time but Locky was a bit of a passenger. His best days are behind him.

Sorry, can't see your point here. If Qld didn't have the best forwards and the best back in the game it'd be different :D Isn't that exactly the point. It's daylight second between the quality of the teams.

That's like saying if NSW didn'e have Fittler and co Qld would have won, or Laurie Daley etc etc.

The NSW try was a poor decision in my opinion. I called it a try and still believe the linesman was in perfect position to call it. However, the end result would not have changed, Qld has way too much class at this point in time in every position. Forget the players in the team, look at the players who can't even get on the bench. Bowen, Prince, Tate unavailable....list goes on and on. All NSW should be looking to do is give guys some experience at SOO in the hope next year they wil benefit from it.....and half the Qld team retire like Petro, Price and Lockyer :D

Kev
www.reas.com.au

The final score hugely flattered NSW. A couple of very flukey kick deflections has given the blues some undue confidence out of the game. They were outplayed across the park.

My point is the 2 QLD props pretty much carry the QLD team. They are just about the 2 best props in the world and give them incredible go forward and field position, especially from their own 20.

They lay the platform for the rest of the team to look so good. How can any team not look great behind these two guys. they give Thurston all the attacking time and space in the world but i do admit he's a very good player.

How about Hodges in S00 1. Bit of a joke after all his mouthing off pre game. Done nothing and then went off injured.

Sorry, can't see your point here. If Qld didn't have the best forwards and the best back in the game it'd be different :D Isn't that exactly the point. It's daylight second between the quality of the teams.

That's like saying if NSW didn'e have Fittler and co Qld would have won, or Laurie Daley etc etc.

The NSW try was a poor decision in my opinion. I called it a try and still believe the linesman was in perfect position to call it. However, the end result would not have changed, Qld has way too much class at this point in time in every position. Forget the players in the team, look at the players who can't even get on the bench. Bowen, Prince, Tate unavailable....list goes on and on. All NSW should be looking to do is give guys some experience at SOO in the hope next year they wil benefit from it.....and half the Qld team retire like Petro, Price and Lockyer :D

Kev
www.reas.com.au

My point is the 2 QLD props pretty much carry the QLD team. They are just about the 2 best props in the world and give them incredible go forward and field position, especially from their own 20.

They lay the platform for the rest of the team to look so good. How can any team not look great behind these two guys. they give Thurston all the attacking time and space in the world but i do admit he's a very good player.

How about Hodges in S00 1. Bit of a joke after all his mouthing off pre game. Done nothing and then went off injured.

I heard that Andrew Johns was keen to play to wanted to come onto the field at one point in the first game but the linesman ushered him away from the sideline when he saw Johns on his hands and knees, head down...apparently Johns though someone had dropped some white powder on the field but it was just the line marking at the half way line!

Give us back our other origins that the blues won while Johns was captain and possibly drug induced please...

Bloody Blues supporters have short term memories.......we forget nothing up here son! :)

QUEENSLANDER...We play for 80 minutes! and blues supporters can suffer a lifetime of agony after four straight series wins coming up...

What's the blues supporters views on Trent Barrett replacing Terry Campese?

Campese didn't play that bad, and if he got a second origin game he might have put it all together. Surely the young bloke should get the nod over an old fella? Barretts 31..!! Sounds like NSW are doing what they always do, swapping the team every game, although admitedly, the other changes are do to injury unfortunately.

Go the Blues..!!

My thinking... Barrett seems to have a lot of time on the sideline with injury - almost to the point where I'd ask the question if he's every played a full season.

Also I recollect he had issues with fights with the old coach of St G and its documented that he had dramas with the management when he went to the UK. Point being he may have trouble following visions except for his own.

I think they are so desperate to avoid a 4 in row QLD winning streak they are forgetting about his age for now and going for experience and a cool head.

Apparently Bellamy is a fan of Barrett.

Its good to see Gallen (even tho i think he is a pr#*ck) and Watmough in the 2nd row. Those 2 will give the QLD forwards something to seriously think about. Even from the bench.

Beside that, Creagh is a great player and he will have a big game. He might be the difference.

I think this is a better NSW side. Better forwards and more ball players. Barrett gives the side some experience and calmness. Barrett is a very good 5/8th and with respect to Spectre's points, he doesn't have to fullfil a season with SOO, just complete a week or so training and play 1-2 games. He'll add some class to a young inexperienced side.

Problem for NSW is going to be lack of cohesion again. New combinations and new communication issues. Hard to play for the guy standing next to you if you've only just met him.

Should be a good game being it is played in Sydney but Queensland will still take the series in a clean sweep.

Qld 3-0

Kev
www.reas.com.au

Barrett went well. What about Jarrod Hayne..??,, I'd have given him man of the match for the losing side, but I'm very one eyed. Great game.

Well done Queensland, too good.

See ya's.

Barrett'll be out for a bit after that cheap shot he took. One way or another the guy doesnt complete a full season and he'll be on suspension soon enough. I dont know how he continues to stay in the NRL...

Hayne is just in a class of his own.

I honestly had doubts if Qld would win that one. Mal's on a roll.

The weird side is that Origin doesnt seem to have the same 'hype' about it.

If I think back 5 years ago, you'd walk into any bit of Brisbane and all you'd see would be maroon or scattered blue jerseys/shirts/scarves - whatever... Ads all over the place on Channel 9... every TV station putting comments out from a player about the other side being pansies.... People having huge origin parties, complaining about how hung over they are on Thursday etc

I used to really love knocking off at 3 or 4, and heading off to an Origin BBQ at a mates place. Now - nobodys having them

That being said the Anzac day tests - all that stuff - seems to have fizzled as well.

It just seems its not as big of an event as it was...

Last edited:
It was a hugely entertaining match even though QLD lost. The last minutes were intense. I love how when we got the ball back we booted it up just to smash whoever caught it. Apparently it was Hodges' idea. Anyone else laugh when Creagh pushed Hodges and then skipped back behind his team mates?

Hodges is a w4nker....I'll never forget his Origin debut....lol

Fair enough.....It was not unlike Kimmorleys mistake a couple years ago.....although it's nice to see Noddy do well, not only last night, but all this year....experience coming thru.

NSW won the battle up front with superior toughness, smashing the Toads who lost the plot and the better team won...:D

As the great Rabbits Warren said..."Origin....it's never over..."

BTW: Anyone think Lockyer was pedestrian and got 'run over' a few times...?

Just so's I'm not totally one eyed :rolleyes:......Wolfman has to go.....he's too risky for these big games....

Very entertaining and NSW "dominated" more so than QLD did in the first 2 games....

yeah I know....bring it on...!:eek: lol

Back