Our 32 week old unborn baby has serious heart problems.

We have a fantastic network of family and friends.

Firstly congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I've only just come across this thread. How fabulous to read that she is home and growing strong. I hope you have called on your network of family and friends and they have helped you through such a rough time in you and your wife's life. Good luck for the future and hope to see more photos of her in the future, healthy and running around :)

Just in reply to RE...

I have 50/50 chances of having a negative baby (partner is positive but apparently has recessive negative as the last baby was negative - I didn't know that was how it worked) but they stab you anyway. (

They shouldn't just stab you anyway. I am neg and refused just to be stabbed with anti D cause 'they' say so. I gave birth to my daughter and they took a little of her cord blood, I had it tested she is neg too, so no need for anti D. Had I just been routinely jabbed with probably 2 anti D during pregnancy and one after, it would have been for no reason, as she is the same blood type anyway. Had she been positive, I probably only would have anti D should her birth had been full of intervention and there be a chance of our bloods mixing. Great book by Sara Wickham if you feel you want to know more :)

oh, whoops, just realised this is an old thread.

No it's not..

Excellent news Jay and she does look gorgeous as eveyrone who's ever seen her or a picutre of her has not doubt told you.

She looks strong, all this will be behind you soon.. and you'll find yourself searching for the strength to keep up with her .. and loving every minute of it...

from strength to strength mate

Hi All,

Latest photo of Maeve.

She is doing really well, no need for next heart op yet but its coming.

And as some of you might have noticed by the pic attached, no more nasel gastric feeding tube, she is feeding by herself now :) And as you can also tell, she loves her food :D

8 months old and getting stronger..................

GG

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 101
Back