Outside the box - 1

From: Dale Gatherum-Goss


A couple of thought rambled through my brain last night when I could not sleep . . .

If you own a property on a main road, you can sell the "advertising space" and receive an extra rental income over and above what the tenant might pay.

Obviously, you may have to get council permission, tenants permission etc etc, but, an extra $100 per week for doing nothing might just make a huge difference to your ROI.

Something to consider perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:


Reply: 1
From: John Rowland

Think youll find a little bi-law which wont allow it in residential.

Id check with your council.

Good Idea though they do it with taxi,s and Buses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1
From: Robert Forward

Hi John

It will definitely be a council by council thing with having these advertising signs up. Some councils do allow it. But I've only seen the houses that have these signs located on main roads. Which, surprise surprise, is where you'd want to advertise anyway.


The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.
Last edited by a moderator: