Owner's Corporation Management Company - Melbourne

Hi fellow investors,

I own a unit in a development (small, 16 units) which is under an Owner's Corporation. I'm on the OC committee as well and always have been since becoming an owner.

Our current OC Management company is just not cutting it. No details, but their approach is no longer acceptable to the committee.

Can someone recommend a responsive and professional OC Management Company able to take over the management of such a property? The property is located in the inner Melbourne suburbs.

Cheers,

Sushi.

Bump for help?

Rather than a separate thread, I thought I'd ask for additional advice here.

Our OC manager has issued financials and budget for the coming year prior to the AGM.

The budget and financials were rejected due to errors and gross over-estimations.

The OC manager re-issued the financial accounts and budget...3 months after the AGM....with even more errors.

The committee rejected them again and formally requested answers to 21 questions relating to incorrect fees, excessive charges, etc.

The OC manager ignored all committee requests (multiple written requests over 6 weeks, sent to multiple recipients in the organisation).

The OC manager then issued contributions notices to lot owners despite the financials and budget NOT being approved by the committee.

I've not been able to find anything in the rules & regs about this kind of action but it does not strike me as being terribly appropriate.

Has anyone had experience in this kind of situation, and if so how did you handle it?

Some that we use in the inner city:

K James and Assoc
Vic BC (I think??)
Walshe Whitelock (the only issue I had with these people is that they hold the AGM during the day!!)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Bump for help?

Rather than a separate thread, I thought I'd ask for additional advice here.

Our OC manager has issued financials and budget for the coming year prior to the AGM.

The budget and financials were rejected due to errors and gross over-estimations.

The OC manager re-issued the financial accounts and budget...3 months after the AGM....with even more errors.

The committee rejected them again and formally requested answers to 21 questions relating to incorrect fees, excessive charges, etc.

The OC manager ignored all committee requests (multiple written requests over 6 weeks, sent to multiple recipients in the organisation).

The OC manager then issued contributions notices to lot owners despite the financials and budget NOT being approved by the committee.

I've not been able to find anything in the rules & regs about this kind of action but it does not strike me as being terribly appropriate.

Has anyone had experience in this kind of situation, and if so how did you handle it?

OC managers are regulated by Consumer Affairs Victoria. CAV has a wealth of free information on their website and provide free advice in person in Exhibition St, Melbourne and on the phone:

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA25...penDocument&1=90-Owners+corporations~&2=~&3=~

The members of an OC can always call their own OC meeting and move their own resolutions, including that the budget be so and so - see section 73 to 82 of the Act:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/oca2006260/index.html

Don't use Walshe Whitelock

I can not stress enough now bad of a business Walshe Whitelock is. The people there have a proven track record of neglect and they are a terrible company to deal with. Avoid them at all costs!

Back