Paint

I am looking at whites for all walls, my primary residence.
What is in vogue at the moment?? Anyone help me with this

One of the properties we rent has a 1st class Painter,last time I went around to pick up the rent he had several large tins of mission-brown
in his work truck,he tints the paint down and the result is a standout on old large timber flats and large houses,looks good..

We've just selected Natural White for our new PPOR, too. :)

I think Antique White USA is a lovely colour, but a bit too warm to be up-to-the-minute. It worked well with the neutral browns that were in vogue 10 years ago, but now charcoals and hues seem to be more in fashion than the warmer neutrals.

Lots of beautiful whites out there!

My fav pick is Dulux, Whitsunday Island. Just gorgeous.

Also, please don't buy ceiling white for your walls. Ceiling paint is a matte/flat finish but you really will want a low sheen on your walls.

The other thing I like to do is use the same colour on trims/doors etc as walls but in a super high gloss (oil based) finish. That way you are only working with one colour but in two gloss levels. A much cleaner, crisper effect that chopping and changing colours. This is similar to what BayView suggested except that you will get a much higher gloss level using an oil based paint.

Hope that helps!

Solver White (base paint with no tint) is the same colour as Dulux China White.

I now use this Solver Paint in my IPs as it is quality but much cheaper than the Bunning's version.

I love dulux whisper white, it's beautiful and no horrid color tinges in it. We just moved into a house that is painted a white that could only be described as 'blush'. I feel like Nanna every time I walk in the door :)

I love dulux whisper white, it's beautiful and no horrid color tinges in it. We just moved into a house that is painted a white that could only be described as 'blush'. I feel like Nanna every time I walk in the door :)
It's amazing the effect that colour has on mood. I think I've only ever lived in homes painted white, yet I can vividly recall all the variants on white that I've encountered and disliked.

One was a grey-white that was depressing and gloomy.

Two were yellow-whites that just feel horrid to me, but I can't pinpoint why. Kind of creamy and feels like an '80s resort.

One was a pink-white, and like you, it just feels horribly old-fashioned to me.

A relative has a peachy-white, and it's just disgusting.

I'm really, really hoping I like the Natural White when it goes up! (I did a lot of canvases in different whites, and moved them around into different rooms to see them in different lighting, so hopefully I'm safe.)

BTW, does anybody else think of Richie Benaud's jacket colours when they're trialling different whites?

We've got the white, the off-white, the ivory, the cream, the beige...

Back