Painting Doors ?

Do you remove door handles when painting doors?

• Take knobs / handles off to paint.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Leave knobs / handles on and paint around.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just doing some painting, being a lazy painter I take the knobs off the doors and just roller them. Notice that the handles have paint on them from the previous owners attempt at painting.

So just wondering who takes the knobs / door handles off and who paints with them on?

Sounds like a POLL is needed.

Cheers
Graeme

Paint on door knobs looks unprofessional IMHO. I took them off recently when having my place repainted. As aaarghhh mentioned not too difficult to put them back on again.

Of course they sometimes prove a challenge to take off especially if they are old, and have had old paint over the screws.

I found new door knobs for $7.99 at cheap as chips, same brand and packaging at bunnings was $9.99, for that price I'm thinking of leaving the old ones off and putting new ones on when I finish painting.

Cheers
Graeme

Paint on door knobs looks unprofessional IMHO

Agree with the rentals I've paint over hinges, quicker to leave doors hung and just roller up and down. At home I think I got a bit anal, took the doors off, removed handles and hinges painted then put it all back and hung them, look nice but took a lot of time.:eek:

Cheers
Graeme

Back