Painting second second storey

Hi all

I have to paint my PPOR - I have painted where I can reach and need to do the rest. I had thought about hiring a cherry picker thing but understand that you need tickets to operate those things. The other thought I had was hiring scaffolding. If I could get the scaffolding set up by the company who supplied it I would likely be able to get it done in a weekend. But I am not sure who provides this service in Brisbane and how much it costs. I am also not sure whether anyone will provide scaffolding for personal use for such a short amoutnt of time. If anyone has done this before or has got any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Ben

I'm sure you can hire scaffolding from Kennards but maybe you just need 16 foot trestles and a plank? You can hire those easily.

Scaffold is very expensive. To the point where you are better off paying a painter with thier own access equipment to do the job.

Did my own spouts, eaves etc hiring a scaffold and plank system for 2 weekends. Make sure you book it for the 2nd weekend as I forgot and had to take a dodgy set up as the other one was taken

I was going to do the ceiling and interior paint ourselves. Seal the VJ walls and then repaint. However I have never done it so was thinking spending the KK to get a pro in!!

I was chatting to a bloke down the road a couple of months ago. He said he'd been told recently that ladder falls on the weekend was one of the most common causes of hospital admissions.
He was in a wheelchair at the time - pelvis and leg busted. And it was only the gutters on a single storey house he was doing.
I used to be pretty cavalier with ladders and scaffolds. These days I make sure I tie them off really well so there is no way they will budge. Even if I have to just make a quick trip up a ladder, I probably spend more time tying off the ladder than I do up it.

Have never needed tickets for the smaller cherry pickers,
Probably the best and safest way to do it as long as you have access ;)

Back