Painting tiles , results and tips ?

We're doing a quick paint of a house prior to renting and the kitchen tiles are , to put it politely , pretty daggy .

A nice black would make the place look much better .

Happy to do work my self .

What results do people get . Time frame for job to last would be probably 2-3 years .

Any tips , tricks , Preparation ? Can you use spray , roller etc

White knight seems to be the brand that gets the most mentions .

Cliff

I painted the splashback tiles in my kitchen with white knight 3 years ago and still looks as good as the day I did it. My tiles were beige with daggy feature tiles with pictures of jugs or something, I painted with a soft white colour. I just followed the instructions for prep, used the recommended small roller where I could, brushed where that was too awkward. Because it's high gloss, brush stokes can be faintly seen where it was brushed, but you have to look very hard in a good light. I'm pretty happy with the result. From memory from start to finish took my about half a day, including all the prep, taping up etc.

I justed painted my bathroom. Looks great so far. The key is in the prep . Sand, and sand well. Remove all dust, dirt and hair. The blue painters tape will lift off white knight paint. Also wear gloves, the paint is a pain in the butt to get off your hands. Anything else just ask

Back