parameter of IP wierd

We recently settled on an IP, so I was looking at the sewer/water pipes on the property. I already knew that some pipes are running through the property, so gave up hope of ever trying to build a granny flat on it.

What I did find odd, is that the property (number 20) has a different parameter to aerial image.

Have a look at these two pictures and tell me what you guys think.

IBBf4.jpg

KY9zj.jpg

i assume you mean perimeter?

In the photo, it looks like the bottom boundary is the top bounday on the line drawing.. is that right?
the angle of the driveway would indicate to me that your red dots are not in the correct place. I think it should follow the bushes, at least, which would give the front boundary the angle that the line drawing has.

probably need to get a surveyor to do it properly for you. Maybe you could sell that triangle bit to the neighbour?

Complete guess but that dotted line might have been a walkway/access and at some point its been closed off.

You would need to look a current survey plans to get a better idea. Sewer is not always 100% right.

Well if the line drawing is correct you own half of your neighbours back yard :D

Probably the line is following the outer line of the "sewage easement" that the water board considers is there right of entry area.

I guess a trip to the local council is the way to go

To tell you the truth, I don't think it's worth the hassle. It's not like Anything can be built over the area as the sewer lines run there.

Back