Parke

A guy at work told me that he heard some rumours that there building a big freight depot in Parkes and therefore the property prices in Parkes will rise...

Does anyone know anything about this?

Hi Yuch

Not too sure about the freight thing though have heard the same rumour.

But do know from talking to agents there, that some Sydney guy has bought everything going in Parkes and ships Sydney investors up by the busload:)

cheers
ani

Hi Ani,

My friend at work heard the rumour from "the guy" buying up **** loads of properties and sell them busloads of investors.

I think I will ring up the local council and find out whether the rumour is true or just rumour. :)

Country Town Predator warning

yes, its true. I managed to snatch a property off this guy by exchanging first. He is going around making offers and then not exhanging (cos he is waiting to bring his coachloads of people through). He is offering these selected houses to Sydney people (who are used to big prices anyway) at considerable mark ups. This is where he makes the money....it is a form of flipping.

However, He needn't bother to try Yass, Harden or Young as the agents are on to him !!!!! (it stops genuine buyers as, at the time he was doing this extensively, there was little on the market for genuine buyers as it was all tied up). They are aware that he never settles and it just creates problems for them.

Savanna

Sounds like there may be opportunities in picking where this guy is going next and buying in before he gets there :)

Anyone have a name/business for him, I'd be interested in finding out more about how this guy operates - perhaps telling ACA about him would be interesting :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Yes. This guy is advertising in the Sydney Morning Herald called "Country House and Land".

I saw it in yesterday's paper.

Yes, it's true. I have cut and paste the info I found:

New Parkes Airport - Air & Land Freight Hub
23 May 2003

Niche Airport to Promote Air Freight and Inland Production

Parkes Council and a consortium of infrastructure companies have entered into an agreement envisaging the development of Parkes Airport into an International Air Freight gateway and hub.

Project Director Mark Smith said the redevelopment would boost business and employment opportunities in Parkes and surrounding areas.

The participants, led by Mr. Smith, will complete ‘re-scoping’ studies and due diligence this year. These studies have the benefit of the involvement of key future airport users/carriers.

Mr. Smith said ‘everyone on the team realised the need for close synergies with grower communities not limited to just NSW, but also importers and exporters, freight forwarders, major air carriers, and land based freight companies to ensure reliable links to/from all markets throughout the airports catchment area.

Parkes is the ideal location due to its outstanding National Highway links/proximity to major population centres in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and SA, curfew free operational approval, a huge regional primary and other production catchment and Parkes’ position at the Road and Rail National Freight Crossroads.

In providing further details of the current status, Mr. Smith confirmed that:

The group now scoping the project includes major international contractors, financial advisors, air cargo carriers, airport operators and team of airport master planners / other professionals and consultants.
The redeveloped airport will target a niche freight market and other airport uses. As such the project appears viable on 1-3 air freight movements per day.
Planned upgrading of regional passenger operations over time.
Consent for the Airport expansion is complete, as is an Environmental Impact Statement. Consultation with surrounding land owners, the local community and business leaders is underway and would be ongoing

Country House and Land Sales (ABN 76 992 421 973) is
Victor Ollis (phone 02 43231850, mobile 0402 226 685)
email: [email protected]
address: Unit 76 / 91-95 John Whiteway Drive, Gosford, NSW, 2250

He runs free 2-day coach trip every few weeks. Interesting operation - he makes money and leaves some for the buyers too.

2B

Back