Patrick Swayze dead...

Sad to hear, but the media had incorrectly announced his death a few months ago too.

Looks like its for real this time.

RIP

I just heard the end of the news and I am so saddened. It brought tears to my eyes.

I have seen various interviews with him and have been so overwhelmed by his courage and ability to keep going.

Just so sad........:(:(:(

Regards JO

I knew if I logged onto SS, I would find out if it was true.

a year back i sat with my teen stepdaughters watching "dirty dancing" and they loved it as much as i did when their age (wonder why - hormones!!).

i really enjoyed him in some pretty corny b grade movies - he just had presence. his battle has been inspiring regading courage, on par with farrah.

i HATE Swayze movies so much - call it indifference - i had to sit through GHOST and Dirty Dancing so many times , thanks to my mum, that i knew the script off by heart - word for word. i couldn't watch Point Break because i could just see his pouty litle face in dirty dnacing - i had to crawl into the corner and retreat to the corners fo my mind to escape the horror bestowed upon me re-surfacing to scar my fragile little mind again.

now i know he died to save me from ever having to watch him in another movie again and relive the horrors of Dirty Dancing and GHOST.

thankyou swayze. becoming a martyr has saved me from those childhood nightmares. i can now move forward with my life.

What about Mike Leyland?

To be honest, i didn't care much for Patrick Swayze (or Patrick Sleasy as some would say).

But I do admit in being upset about Mike Leyland. I grew up watching his shows and it was him, and Mal, that gave me inspiration in going out camping and learning about our great land.

RIP Mike Leyland - you inspired me and many other fellow Aussies.

G

I was saddened to hear about Mike Leyland, and about Patrick Swayze. I can't imagine how anybody could call Patrick Swayze "sleazy"; he was married to his childhood sweetheart for 34 years and I don't recall even the whiff of a scandal, which in Hollywood is an awesome achievement.

He's still Orry Main in "North and South" to me. ;)

I saw him surprise the couple who did dirty dancing at their wedding, on Oprah a couple of years ago, and I thought it was wonderful.

I was saddened to hear the news of Patrick Swayze too...He starred in two of my all time greats. Donnie Darko and Point Break were pretty awesome as well.

RIP Patrick

Back