Patterson Lakes/Carrum

Hey guys/girls,

Can anyone tell me much about these two and/or surrounding suburbs?
I am thinking being only 30kms outta the city and near the beaches/marina they maybe worth looking at for an investment. Are the beaches down there very nice?

They are 2 adjoining suburbs, but very different

Carrum is charecterised by older cheaper homes, many weatherboard and lower rents.

Patterson Lakes is a more modern, built on mainly reclaimed swamps. SOme older cheaper houses there also, but also many newer expensive properties, some with water frontages and berths for boats

Not the best beach

This area has good long term potential but has underperformed Melbourne's averages int he last little while.

Swamp land..Beaches??

Cheers for that
Have always been weary of swamp land and low lying areas. Stayed away from Kawana waters in Brisbane for the same reason. Are there any nice beaches/areas down that way, SE Bayside of Melbourne?

I agree with Michael - Patterson Lakes is perceived as more up market, especially around the river/country club, where they continue to build townhouses with berths.
Between the river and the railway line the houses tend to be older.

I also feel it makes a difference which side of the railway line you're on when you're in SE suburbs, and the railway line cuts a line through the areas, parallel to the beach.

Perhaps Mornington, which is more the cafe culture.

There is also a new marina development going on a little further south, at Safety Beach (Martha Cove)
This may also help neighbouring areas such as Dromana.

Back