Peoples thoughts on Adelaide?

We've had a nice run in the Sydney market since 2009 . When did you sell in Adelaide .? ...... Maybe you should have bought in Sydney then .

We've never bought in Adelaide , but I might buy one so I have an excuse to come over and say hello .

Elizabeth sounds like a nice place ......

What do you think ?

Where are you looking at the moment ? If you want to pm me for advice I'd appreciate it .
Sold early 2010, not really keen to invest interstate until I've got more experience and a couple under the belt locally.

Elizabeth... have you ever seen the show housos?

I understand the reasons it's popular with some investors on here, higher yields, large blocks, cheap to buy, but not sure I could bring myself to buy out that far. If I buy a suburb with a stigma I'd prefer it's closer to Adelaide CBD where it's more likely to gentrify faster.

I've not narrowed down too specifically in my search yet, but to give you an idea of areas I like and am monitoring (see attached), NW of the CBD on or near the coast, SW of the CBD on or near the coast & inner west. I like those near the train lines, expands transport options.

Attachments

• AdelaideMap.jpg
    AdelaideMap.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 118
If anyone interested the cracks were severe. MUCH worse than shown in pictures and in all rooms. Looks like sinking from bad plumping that has been going on for years and not been looked at.

Reason I was interested was because in same complex, an identical sold for $355k last year and after a renovation it sold for $70-$80k more 3 months later.

Structural damage on this is too bad though. The one last year sold for a great price and this is just too over priced.

Figured that might have been the case

Oooiiii...don't youse saay anything about Liz..I'll thong ya mate! :D

Sold early 2010, not really keen to invest interstate until I've got more experience and a couple under the belt locally.

I understand the reasons it's popular with some investors on here, higher yields, large blocks, cheap to buy, but not sure I could bring myself to buy out that far. If I buy a suburb with a stigma I'd prefer it's closer to Adelaide CBD where it's more likely to gentrify faster.

I've not narrowed down too specifically in my search yet, but to give you an idea of areas I like and am monitoring (see attached), NW of the CBD on or near the coast, SW of the CBD on or near the coast & inner west. I like those near the train lines, expands transport options.

I agree there are profitable deals to be made in any market at any time, but I think it's easier & safer (especially as a novice) to play in one where you are flowing with, rather than fighting against, the current.

How many (Adelaide) deals have you turned over for a profit in the last 12 months?

Is going with the flow a lesson learnt from losing 10% of your assets in your option play betting against the silver market?

Is going with the flow a lesson learnt from losing 10% of your assets in your option play betting against the silver market?
Are you ever going to contribute meaningfully to this thread turk (i.e. talk about Adelaide) or just continue to e-stalk me? I do enjoy your special attention, but with so much love to give maybe you should consider signing up on Grindr.

Well it's outdated and only 2 bedrooms
You can get places cheaper than that within a couple of Ks of the CBD as well

It's just cheaper in Adelaide

Adelaide is obviously quite affordable. However, there are many many reasons why its cheap. I just cant see the long term economic strength and jobs there. They will lose to the larger state capitals in terms of foreign investment and thus jobs and have in the past. However, the lower entry prices do mean decent % appreciation at the right time in the cycle.

Well it's outdated and only 2 bedrooms
You can get places cheaper than that within a couple of Ks of the CBD as well

It's just cheaper in Adelaide

Its 3 bed, just reduce down to 1 living area.
its beach side suburb so not really comparable to closer to city.

I think its fairly good value, personally.

That place at Semaphore would be good value at $500k IMO, but it's listed for auction, I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell for at least mid $500s. Something similar in Sydney would probably be $1.5m+.

I really dig that retro interior, browns, greens, pink bathroom, mustard kitchen floor tiles with orange bench tops...

Hobo. I worked out at Mt Druitt for 19 years .

I know when it's safe to stand up to someone and when you say , no problems mate , you're right and back down quickly .

It was safe to stand up to Chris , even though he was a bikie who's best mate was shot dead next to him at the Father's Day massacre , because he would respect that , whereas some others .....:eek::eek:

Cliff

The housos comment was tongue in cheek see_change. I've lived in Elizabeth, I still have family that live in Elizabeth. There are good people in Elizabeth, along with a lot of riff raff. I just wouldn't choose to invest out there. I would prefer daggy inner suburbs for the reason I mentioned (faster gentrification). If I was to consider outer suburbs it would be to the south where at least they are near to the coast.

Are you ever going to contribute meaningfully to this thread turk (i.e. talk about Adelaide) or just continue to e-stalk me? I do enjoy your special attention, but with so much love to give maybe you should consider signing up on Grindr.

Your paranoia is showing.

I have made 31 posts this year, this is the first to you.

Your paranoia is showing.
I have made 31 posts this year, this is the first to you.
This is your third post in the thread, all have been about me.

A search on your entire post history shows 158 which include mention of the word "hobo", that's over 12% of your total.

Find a new hobby.

That Semaphore would be a good buy at 500k but should def go over.

Thanks all (Dave, Hobo, JDP and Anon). I've been looking for our next IP. Got maybe $520k budget and I'm solely after cap growth. Like Semaphore but have recentlylisted a buyers agent in Brisbane. Looking around Sunnybank there.

Was just keeping my eye on Semaphore as we went to Adelaide on holiday and it looked like great value - beach living 25 mins to a Capital city for $500k. Can't get that anywhere else in Oz but then maybe I am thinking with my heart (beach) instead of my head.

My current subdiv is at frame up stage so i think its time i start looking for a new project (another subdivision, call me weird but i actually enjoyed the process) . Dont know whether to keep south or expand my horizons. I know onkaparinga development plan like the back of my hand and it is super easy to get a subdivision through at the moment, since they are trying to stop the sprawl into their primary production areas of sellicks/willunga, plus the added benefit that outlay can still be pretty low.

Time to start scanning re.com i think

Was just keeping my eye on Semaphore as we went to Adelaide on holiday and it looked like great value - beach living 25 mins to a Capital city for $500k. Can't get that anywhere else in Oz but then maybe I am thinking with my heart (beach) instead of my head.

Try the manly Wynnum region .

Cliff

Back