Pergolas

Never heard of an aluminium pergola before.
My choice - colorbond. I used colorbond steel for my PPOR verandah. Strong, looks good and virtually maintenance free. Only the occasional washdown to get rid of cobwebs and dust.

The other thing to consider is the rated wind speed for the area. Your local council can advise you, then check the rating of your preferred pergola with the supplier. I'm in a resonably high wind area (strong gully winds in foothills) so went a higher rating than council required.

Project 1080

The Project 10IPs in 80 mths.

If you decide on colourbond, order it with the colour on the underside, not the top. We ordered our colourbond with white on the underside, never needs painting and looks much better than bare metal. A quick wash down once a year or so brings it up like new. Who sees the top anyway.
Marg

We are organising a pergola on our PPOR. 1 guy believes colorbond is the best, the other says aluminium. Any thoughts?

We have a huge 4 car carport done in powder coated aluminium. At the ime it was cheaper than anyone could do it in wood - and it was painted. We were never offered colorbond and so did not consider it at the time.

If it were me I'd do whichever one was cheapest. Metals prices have shot up a lot since we did it, so I don't know what the cost comparisons would be like now.

You can get colorbond roofing that has a med grey up top, and light cream on the underside, and there are the ones that have the same color on both sides.

I don't think i've seen colorbond panels that have only one side painted.

I've come across local small businesses that will do a complete big pergola install, including plans, permits, foundations, etc, all for under $10k, where stratco will want over $20k for the exact same job!

Back