Perth Area New Shopping Centre Developments

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows about new shopping complex developments in new estate areas, looking at securing a medical commercial block.

Davu, in addition to my response to this question in another thread, do you have a preference on area, size of shopping centre, types of anchors etc?

Davu, in addition to my response to this question in another thread, do you have a preference on area, size of shopping centre, types of anchors etc?

Yea I re did the same question as totally missed this section of the thread thought it was more suited here.

Im looking at establishing medical practice in a reasonably new suburb in Perth so kind of looking at new shopping centre and possible hoping council would have certain areas "across" the road listed as commercial and grab a bargain.

Area that I'm targeting at would be reasonable income, not low socio, mainly people with private health so you looking at 80k+ earners/families.

Just interested to see what was in the pipeline for shopping centre establishments already/expected to be complete.

listed as commercial and grab a bargain.

So, lemme get this right...

You're looking for either a block to develop, or something that has already been developed, opposite a new complex, in a new suburb, with well to do clientele, in an upmarket demographic, and you're looking to purchase all of this for a screaming bargain....

So, lemme get this right...

You're looking for either a block to develop, or something that has already been developed, opposite a new complex, in a new suburb, with well to do clientele, in an upmarket demographic, and you're looking to purchase all of this for a screaming bargain....

Not a bargain...I'm looking for something that suits and willing to pay

I'd also consider established areas with high populations over 60yo - they clog up my medical centre and it doesn't matter how much you earn you can't get an appt to save your life!

My local medical centre was originally a house that was converted from residential to medical practise zoning by application to council. So don't forget to think outside the square if you find an area which is suitable.

My other medical centre is at the bottom of a set of flats in the commercial part. Their bread and butter is Hi Viz specials (workplace medicals/fitness for duty) and local residents.

Your best bet is to talk to local councils and find what 'local activity centres' are planned for the new estates. Most new estates are outer outer though and therefore cheaper and might not earn as much as established area residents.

My local medical centre was originally a house that was converted from residential to medical practise zoning by application to council. So don't forget to think outside the square if you find an area which is suitable.

Medical professionals hate converted buildings. Specific designed premises suited to a medical practice are vastly superior to cramming a surgery into an old house.

Medical professionals hate converted buildings. Specific designed premises suited to a medical practice are vastly superior to cramming a surgery into an old house.

Conversion is an option though or demolition and rebuilt a purpose built.
There are a number of swanky medical places going up on the streets surrounding Karrinyup shopping centre where the developers/owners have applied for a change of zoning then demolished the house(s) and built specifically designed premises.
I was just pointing out the option that there might be some 'bargains' if buying at residential rates, getting new zoning and then doing a medical centre.

Thanks guys for the info so far! Ive got a spread sheet up with my research, going to call up all the councils today thats on the list and Ill show my findings for those that are interested.

I think it would be worth looking at established areas that are rejuvenating/creating a main Street. Old Perth Road, Bassendean is one but I think the cheapest property/land I've seen is around $800,000. I'm not up-to date with Morley, but I think that would be worth looking into. Still reasonable prices. Ashfield is suppose to be creating a Main Street/Town Centre along Coulston Road and Pearson Street, parts Guildford Road. Sounds like its a long way off though.

Back