Perth family lawyer needed

These ideas may not be practical but I will put them out there anyway. If his child and having a relationship with him is really that important to him:

Can / Will your brother move 2.5hrs away?
If not possible due to work. Is work flexible enough that he can work from home one week and be in the office the other. If this is possible then he can have week on week off 50/50 custody. It will mean he would need permanent accommodation in the area his ex is moving to and lives up there for his week's custody. (I know that sounds like a lot of hassle - but it is an option - and may be cheaper than the lawyers).
The ex may not be expecting a reply of - ok you can move with my son but I will move there too and have 50/50 custody. If her or her new partners ideas is to put distance in your brothers relationship then it fails. They may decide not to move.

These ideas may not be practical but I will put them out there anyway. If his child and having a relationship with him is really that important to him:

Can / Will your brother move 2.5hrs away?
If not possible due to work. Is work flexible enough that he can work from home one week and be in the office the other. If this is possible then he can have week on week off 50/50 custody. It will mean he would need permanent accommodation in the area his ex is moving to and lives up there for his week's custody. (I know that sounds like a lot of hassle - but it is an option - and may be cheaper than the lawyers).
The ex may not be expecting a reply of - ok you can move with my son but I will move there too and have 50/50 custody. If her or her new partners ideas is to put distance in your brothers relationship then it fails. They may decide not to move.

I'm not sure if he has considered that but I will put it to him to consider.

He doesn't have any option to work from home as he is a store man but there would be the possibility that he might be able to find work in the country town - slim possibility but one none the less.

Considering that she has been in this relationship only 3mths and it might not last it's a tough call to quit his job and move but if that is what it is, then that is what it is.

She is moving as that is were her new boyfriend lives.

Considering that she has been in this relationship only 3mths and it might not last it's a tough call to quit his job and move but if that is what it is, then that is what it is.

She is moving as that is were her new boyfriend lives.

That's fine - until she finds her next boyfriend, who lives interstate or overseas. What will the expectation be then?

Not having a go at her, but let's face it, pretty much everybody sees a few different people before they find the right one (if they ever do) - but who's to say the next guy doesn't live in Dubai or somewhere?

I think it's practical to start out as you mean to go on - otherwise expectations might be raised, rightly or wrongly, for it to continue.

Back