Perth Finance Broker?

One of those current affairs programs like ACA / TT didnt have any problems with finding her in Hong Kong.. The look on her face was priceless when the reporter confronted her in the street.

Ahh, just googled it and found it was TT ..... heres the link

I wonder if her husband and kids still live in Perth or whether they've gone with her ... doesn't make sense does it? Her leaving her family over this or having to drag them around the world with her away from their friends / schools / jobs / home ... crazy women that looked quite sane when I met her.

Momentum Wealth.... what has your experience been like with them and which broker did you use?

I appreciate your help.

I have used Momentum Wealth for a number of property transactions. All around very happy. Probably not the cheapest service in town, but by far the best I have recieved. Very happy.
I spoke with Emma ??? (broker) (they have a couple of Emma's in the office).

I used Emma Ross from Momentum Wealth. I think that is who you are talking about. Apart from being a little biased because Momentum Wealth has done very well for me - I would definitely recommend them! Warning up front: they have an upfront research & structuring fee. Taking this into account, I still would use them again.

Yeah, thats her. Emma Ross.
Like I said a bit more expensive than most, but happy with the service.
I have used Momentum for a couple of property transactions, and now I dont even bother searching for properties, I just ring them and get them to do the hard work for me. :D

I used Emma Ross from Momentum Wealth. I think that is who you are talking about. Apart from being a little biased because Momentum Wealth has done very well for me - I would definitely recommend them! Warning up front: they have an upfront research & structuring fee. Taking this into account, I still would use them again.

Research and structuring fees?

Most brokers don't charge fees when they're already being paid by the lenders.

Broker blows whistle on sub-prime scandal

A recent update on Kate Thompson from the ABC

$5 Million per annum :eek:

WA mortgage broker who got rich by "fudging figures" has blown the whistle on the banks that conspired in Australia's own sub-prime mortgage scandal.

In 2007 Kate Thompson was WA mortgage broker of the year.

Now she is facing fraud charges.

It is alleged Mortgage Miracles, in Canning Vale in Western Australia, obtained investment loans for customers by using falsely inflated earnings and assets.

Ms Thompson admits that is exactly what she did.

"I would get upfront commission, I would get a trailing commission.

I was probably earning about $5 million a year.

It was great.

It was wonderful.

But it was all a lie,"
she said.

But she was not alone.

"Hook me up to a lie detector test and hook them up.

I'll lay my evidence on the table.

They will fail a lie detector test miserably.

They are corrupt.

They are protecting each other,"
Ms Thompson said.

Along with similar claims before a parliamentary inquiry in Canberra last week, her evidence has the potential to rock the finance industry.

Cont....

A recent update on Kate Thompson from the ABC

$5 Million per annum :eek:

5 mill : )

not on mortgage comms

Assuming 1 % on upfronts that translates to 500 mill in settlements a year, trails wouldnt have built much.

Soooo I reckon the comms from the property sales were probably running at 5 % or more

ta
rolf

It's interesting to hear the update. I wonder what will happen when she gives evidence on all the banks. I wonder if the charges will be dropped or will she just be given a slap on the wrist and the banks given a 'small' fine.

She was forging loan docs, making payments of behalf of borrowers, flogging investment property in developments she had an interest in, and professing to be a pious Christian as she spent five years defrauding her friends and congregation.

The fact that Denise Brailey considers this nasty piece of work some sort of whistleblower is, frankly, bizarre.

In a sane world, she'll do a five to seven year stretch.

I agree with you there TF. She got ratted out, and wanted to testify against the 'corrupt' finance industry so she could reduce her sentence. What a load of rubbish. "Oh it was the entire industry, it wasn't just me" type excuse gets a bit old...

I agree with you there TF. She got ratted out, and wanted to testify against the 'corrupt' finance industry so she could reduce her sentence. What a load of rubbish. "Oh it was the entire industry, it wasn't just me" type excuse gets a bit old...

Just watched the 7.30 report. These people!!

1) The single mum with 3 kids on an income of $24k pa thought it was ok to borrow to buy an owner occ home. Take some responsibility in the situation you have put yourself in! FFS. I don't believe for a second she wasn't complicit. And she let her mother sell up and move to a caravan park rather than selling up herself? That speaks volumes. Victim mentality for sure.

2) 65 year old woman with $4.5 mil in loans. Omg they had the gal to give her a 30 year loan. How dare they give that sophisticated investor what she no doubt asked for. How much of that debt is investment debt? What is her LVR, what is her equity? If she sold all ip's besides the owner occ how much would she net? Crock crock!!!!!

BEAT UP!!!!

I also don't remember any banks encouraging me to forge documents and inflate incomea like they are suggesting.

Those loans were actually very useful and helped many including myself build wealth.

The problem was and I can't believe she is blaming the banks for this, is she used those loans not for people who could not prove their income but for people who didn't actually have any income, then she took 5-6% commission selling them terribly over inflated properties that they could never afford to pay back and were worth far less than they paid. She basically just exploited the naive and the people who trusted her and is now looking for a scapegoat. There is only one person to blame for the whole mess.

Send her to the bighouse

"These people are losing their homes. There is nothing I can do now, except tell it like it is"

Kate Thompson

I just found and watched the 7:30 Story

7:30 Story Link

A WA mortgage broker who got rich by "fudging figures"

"Six or seven of those bank officers actually used to come into my office and write up the applications themselves," Ms Thompson said.

I sat there and watched them do it?

She basically just exploited the naive and the people who trusted her and is now looking for a scapegoat. There is only one person to blame for the whole mess.

Indeed. Not sure what the whole point of the piece was but a few rogue brokers/banks will always exist. I'm a bit disappointed that the standard of 'investigative' journalism is so low from the ABC as they make it sound like all brokers are crooks.

Back