Perth Home Builder?

Hi All

I'm currently looking at building a new residence in the Spearwood/Beeliar/Yangebup area and am considering potential builders. Especially looking at the Eliza Ponds and Ocean Road development areas.

Of course, their designs, etc, will play a part in builder selection, but if anyone will share their experiences however positive or negative it would be a great help. Along with any tip/tricks when selecting a builder and home design.

Cheers!
Jon

Price isn't everything.

Compare specifications and addendas.

truelocal.com.au reviews are a surprisingly good way to confuse the hell out of yourself. only take into account the reviews that relate to your specific circumstances. each builder will generally have a different dept they deal with. you may see, for example, danmar homes with a 4/5 overall review but venturaID gets a 2/5. well, venturaID do units, but so do Ventura, the standard home builder. so you need to take every review with a grain of salt and ask if it can go through another division.

Never, ever, ever believe "we can fix that at prestart" - because they can't and it will cost you more. get exactly what you want up front in writing and on the plans before you sign a PPA.

Don't let office drafties design your house. They think co$tco$tco$t and 'what we want to build versus what the client wants'. PUSH for what you want and be specific. Put your phone number on the plans and tell the designer to call you with any questions direct, because a rep is GENERALLY only good for showing you where to sign.

Cheers Aaron!

Once we make a choice, will ensure we get everything in writing prior to proceeding.

I was reading some reviews on productreview.com.au earlier and you're dead right, they mainly serve to confuse haha. Especially some of the lower ratings are sometimes disgruntled people hung up on a single detail and haven't even insisted on a follow up with the builder.

From a fairly preliminary look over the past couple of days, the following look appealing to us design wise:

Dale Alcock
Summit
Celebration
Aveling

I built my PPOR with Dale Alcock, they have a lifetime guarantee and in fact are coming out to repair some cracking despite the house being 7 years old. They do the Termimesh barrier, the only problem is that it costs you every year to have. Termimesh come out to inspect, without this your guarantee is void. Having had the former house there eaten by termites I am not game not to do it! I also saw their improvements division this week as I am wanting to build a granny flat on the same site. I did not build one of their display homes, I couldn't afford it, I basically told the designer what I wanted and what budget I had. Took some friends to pre start, they suggested changes (non structural) that made a lot of difference and cost nothing. Although I found the whole process tough, that was mainly the council. DA themselves were pretty good. I hope that helps.

Back