Perth Investors Group Dinner This Saturday

Hey all,

This is a reminder for the first gathering of the Perth Investors Group (P.I.G - until renamed) this Saturday Night. Details are as follows-

Saturday 29th April
Time: 7:30pm
Venue: Sabastians Italian Cafe, http://www.westaussie.com/venue/905.php
Address: 851 Albany Hwy, East Victoria Park

On the list so far is-
Redwing
Mine Medic
Regrow x 2
Todd
Quick Learner (Me)
Blue Gum
Pupeteer x 2
Paulie

I have Rixter and Yadreamin with an unconfirmed and Bruce W arriving abit late.

If anyone is not able to attend let me know as soon as possible. Likewise if you have just seen this post and want to attend you better get in quick and let me know.

I thought we would just keep it pretty casual get to know each other, move around abit before dinner so that we can meet more then the initial person we are sitting next to. I'm open for whatever.

I was hoping to build a close nit group where we can all motivate and challenge each other and help each other out. Even the most experienced of investors could benefit from that. So if anyone has any suggestions for the night, ongoing things for the group or in general make sure you post it.

Cheers,

QL

Would be interesting to see how the group takes off.
Great time to be discussing various investor's methods in capitalising on the current WA market.

Unfortunately I will be in transit back up North on Saturday, and woll not be back till May or June, otherwise would be interested in attending.

Hope it is a good night !!

kp

Sounds like it's all happening now, good to see. I confirm my place at the table and am looking forward to meeting a few new people and the oportunity for further advancement.

Can we get a proper name list also for the evening? I dont feel comfortable asking for 'quick learners pig table' when I arrive.

QL
Sorry, but l will not be able to make it.
Thanks for your efforts in organizing the get together though.
Hope you all have an interesting, enjoyable evening.
cheers yadreamin

Booking under Jarrad

That would be pretty funny Todd, I presume yours username is not an alias

My name is Jarrad and the booking is under my name.

I havnt heard from KS....

QL.

Todd said:
Can we get a proper name list also for the evening? I dont feel comfortable asking for 'quick learners pig table' when I arrive.
Some years ago, when "The Wife" (Nivia) was actively posting on the forum, we had a get together at a Canberra Club. Sure enough, there was an announcement- "Could the wife please come to the front desk".

Hi, Perthites. I managed to get Wednesday off for the PS seminar but unfortunately not for tonight. Hope you have a great night.

P.S. dont forget a camera to post a few pics.

Well it's coming up for 8:30pm and the boss isn't home yet so I think it's safe to say I won't be attending. I hope the night it both enjoyable and beneficial to all..

Hope to catch up in the future!

Bruce

I have not met any of you guys and would have wanted to be be there but unfortunately I have baby sitting duties. Will endeavour to get to the next meeting.

Will be interested to hear how you went...

My apologies to all for not making it, we dropped into the in-laws new property for a coffee in the afternoon and I wound up constructing a shed with the father in-law all afternoon-early evening.:(

Would love to hear how it all went and when the next get together is..

Sent QL a quick apology yesterday

Redwing

Thank you QL for organising a good evening!

We had 7 attendees ranging in portfolios from just starting out through to full on property development. While unstructured, we had lively conversation that certainly gave more than one of us food for thought :D

At this stage, we have decided to make the meetings either bi-monthly or quarterly, possibly at someones house (on a rotating basis). We are going to try and get in guest speakers, with a commercial lender and an accountant being our first ideas. (I should be able to take care of the commercial lender).

We agreed that our main purpose of getting together was to share ideas and motivate each other with our investments ... an extension of the forum, but with faces, good food and drinks!

For future reference, does anyone have any preferance for daytime/evening meetings? Mid week/weekend meetings? Public venue or private home?

Also, any other ideas for guest speakers or other meeting agenda?

For my two bits, night meetings on a Friday or Saturday suit, or daytime meetings Tuesday to Saturday.

:D

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the other participants and forumites, and there was a real benefit in speaking with like minded people in the flesh versus the sometimes stagnate discussions that this website allows for (ie time of response). Thanks again to Quicklearner, bluegum, todd and regrow for attending.

I look forward to Quicklearner organising the next one.

Paulie

PS - Jarrad, don't sell it

hi guys,

I have just moved to Perth (4 weeks ago actually). Are the meetings open to others or by invitation? Just starting out as an investor not too long ago.

Back