Perth property listings - under 12,000.

im seeing pretty good gains in maylands, a 2x1 villa recently sold in a week for 400k, i think that would have struggled to get 360k 12 months ago, prob 340-350k.

long may it continue, ive got a few coming on the market there mid year.

im seeing pretty good gains in maylands, a 2x1 villa recently sold in a week for 400k, i think that would have struggled to get 360k 12 months ago, prob 340-350k.

long may it continue, ive got a few coming on the market there mid year.

I've noticed that also! I thought maylands would never lose the feral factor. Whenever I used to drive down guild ford road there would always be a weirdo at the lights, walking across the road. Not anymore!!

I've noticed that also! I thought maylands would never lose the feral factor. Whenever I used to drive down guild ford road there would always be a weirdo at the lights, walking across the road. Not anymore!!

I actually kinda hope Maylands doesnt completely lose all the feral factor, we have a terrible habit of sterilising anything remotely interesting in Perth.

I think Maylands cleaning up was always inevitable, too good a location not to happen. Close to the city, good train and bus services, on border of popular suburbs like mt lawley and inglewood, on river etc.

Sites are quite expensive now though, margins are a bit tight.

Listings still dropping. if we were to see surge it should be happening:

Property Listed For Perth

Listed For Sale

Listed For Rent

Im seeing some genuinely surprising prices out there, to the point that im considering flipping a site i bought and havent settled on. I reckon there is up to $100k (15%) to be potentially made for no risk and 12.5k outlay but there is a lot more to be made developing it.

What about the sales!
last week 1167
4 weeks ago 690
Same week last year 662

We will have below 9,000 properties listed for sale by this time next week!:).

What about the sales!
last week 1167
4 weeks ago 690
Same week last year 662

We will have below 9,000 properties listed for sale by this time next week!:).

I just noticed that too!

Property Sales for Perth
Last Week
House Units Land Total

826 226 115 1,167
4 weeks ago 690
Same week last year 662

There are less than 10,000 listings and yet almost DOUBLE the number of listings sold than last month and last year. That is SCARY good :eek:

I just noticed that too!

There are less than 10,000 listings and yet almost DOUBLE the number of listings sold than last month and last year. That is SCARY good :eek:

This is how hot the Perth market it is at the moment.

Went to Realestate.com and there was an advert advising of a new listing which will be coming on the market soon and those who were interested would need to register. I phoned the RE agent, they already had 2 offers on the property, one accepted over the asking price, site unseen and apparently 42 enquiries, 500-600K price range.

Scary, good as long as I can secure something soon

MTR

That is the worrying thing. Even though I have purchased 2 developments in the past 6mths by the time they are finished I wonder how much I will have to pay for the next project :eek:

I want prices to go up but I don't :rolleyes:

This is exactly what think every time I read a new post on this thread.

WM
Its tough, I am pulling my hair out at the moment. Just as well I jumped in 6 months ago, but I aint done yet:(

Jake
This is starting to remind me of the boom times in 2001 where RE agents just blow you off unless you have a house to sell and I know there is worse to come.

At the moment once you buy you can just sit on your hands as its a rising market, easy money.

Maybe there are still opportunities further out Rockingham, Singleton these areas are still in catch up mode I think.

A house in Vic Park had 130 people through a home open yesterday. 130.

ive potentially got up to 10 properties to be sold this year, hope the market is still as hot

A house in Vic Park had 130 people through a home open yesterday. 130.

ive potentially got up to 10 properties to be sold this year, hope the market is still as hot

This is my dilemma. If I sell (like you) then I access the increase CG and can then buy a property which now has increased CG - the pain is offset by my own gain.

But my plan is to HOLD. So I have to suck up the pain of new properties CG - I can do this I suppose by accessing equity in mine thanks to CG.

Or just sit on 10 properties and not buy more. Yeah right lol! As if I could stop myself developing - my name is (far too uneek) and I'm a developerholic

Back