MTR have you thought about Midland?

tick - gentrification
tick - rezoned
tick - new govt facilities new hospital being built
tick - infrastructure
tick - railway/transport to city

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-midland-112734539

Prices have been increasing but not insane

Yes I have and thanks for the tip, however I know that there are potentially soil issues, clay, someone on ss got burnt with this one, decided to skip this area as far as deve sites go

I have identified a great area, ticks all the boxes, just going to have to work out how to beat my competition.

MTR have you thought about Midland?

tick - gentrification
tick - rezoned
tick - new govt facilities new hospital being built
tick - infrastructure
tick - railway/transport to city

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-midland-112734539

Prices have been increasing but not insane

I purchased in Midland back in 2000 just when the WA Govt formed the Midland Redevlopment Authority and allocated $300M for it.

Its done very well - my property there has more than tripled in value.

Yes I have and thanks for the tip, however I know that there are potentially soil issues, clay, someone on ss got burnt with this one, decided to skip this area as far as deve sites go

I have identified a great area, ticks all the boxes, just going to have to work out how to beat my competition.

Bloody competition!

I have a very loose eye on my next possible project. Awesome block, I have an inside edge, not on market, high density. I need to put my thinking cap on how to get it :)

:D . This one will take some finagling as it's not on market and I don't want it yet - what innovative ethical scheme can I come up with?

slightly odd negotiations are a favourite of mine, if there is an opportunity for me to be involved let me know.

odd ones can often create great profits imo, just need to be creative and also reasonable.

WM
Just as well I jumped in 6 months ago, but I aint done yet:(

I'm in exactly the same boat - I bought a place mid last year and had plans on another at the end of the financial year.

I'm happy that prices are moving; but I do wish they would have waited a little longer!

Serves me right for being conservative with my deposit/LVR's I guess.

I'm in exactly the same boat - I bought a place mid last year and had plans on another at the end of the financial year.

I'm happy that prices are moving; but I do wish they would have waited a little longer!

Serves me right for being conservative with my deposit/LVR's I guess.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, I have another plan which hopefully will secure a site. If this works I will post.

Cheers, MTR

Happened again:(

Wanted to place offer on a property which was once again only for purpose of "Registering interest", GONE. RE agents are contacting the developers they deal with to give them first option.

Its comes down to getting in with the right RE agent, back to the good old days. I am now working with someone hopefully this may help.

MTR

Happened again:(

Wanted to place offer on a property which was once again only for purpose of "Registering interest", GONE. RE agents are contacting the developers they deal with to give them first option.

Its comes down to getting in with the right RE agent, back to the good old days. I am now working with someone hopefully this may help.

MTR

Marisa, it might be a good idea to tell these agents you are now developing properties that you purchase. As you know they would rather sell to a developer/builder who will then sell again.

Marisa, it might be a good idea to tell these agents you are now developing properties that you purchase. As you know they would rather sell to a developer/builder who will then sell again.

Hi Oscar
Thanks, have been doing this, there are too many buyers and very little stock

Cheers MTR

the problem is you are also currently competing with:

a) owner occupiers who are cashed up from selling their own place and willing to pay over the odds as they have missed out on other properties

b) renters who are sick of how hard it can be to get a rental and again, are willing to pay over the odds

c) mom and dad developers who may be doing it for the first time or are willing to accept rubbish margins who, again, are willing to pay over the odds.

unless you are willing to do your sums on assuming some capital growth for resales (as well as the sites) or are willing to accept low margins cheaper sites are going to prove very hard to secure.

Back on topic, down to 9,059!!!! :eek:

14,188 listings in same week last year. There has to be major price movements soon. If the reserve bank puts down cash rates again in March there will be a stampede. As someone else said the cash rate setting will be totally out of kilter with the Perth market. The stars are all aligning. It's just a question of maximising your portfolio to enjoy the ride.....before the stampede starts (if it hasn't already).

There has to be major price movements soon. If the reserve bank puts down cash rates again in March there will be a stampede. As someone else said the cash rate setting will be totally out of kilter with the Perth market. The stars are all aligning. It's just a question of maximising your portfolio to enjoy the ride.....before the stampede starts

everything you have said here describes the market accurately in around november 2012.

currently prices have already started increasing (in some cases pretty good rises) and the stampede has well and truly started. it is no longer a case of will prices rise but how much they will rise by

everything here describes the market accurately in around november 2012.

currently prices have already started increasing (in some cases pretty good rises) and the stampede has well and truly started. it is no longer a case of will prices rise but how much they will rise by

Sanj, I agree with you but think the general public, who do not have such an interest in property as some of us are still not aware of what is happening out there. It will be when the penny drops with them that things will really start to move.

Back