Perth Property Market updates

you all should have a look and see what's coming up in the City of Vincent.

Cmon that is worse than a Facebook status update of 'sigh' hoping people will ask what's wrong.

Spill the beans - are you talking the new TPS #2, the Saraceni monsters (x2), something you've designed ......

I'll see you at Vincent Design Advisory Committee on Wednesday - I'm up before you.

Cmon that is worse than a Facebook status update of 'sigh' hoping people will ask what's wrong.

Spill the beans - are you talking the new TPS #2, the Saraceni monsters (x2), something you've designed ......

I'll see you at Vincent Design Advisory Committee on Wednesday - I'm up before you.

haha agreed, no teasing needed here!

re the saraceni projects i know of 2, one in stirling (10th and beaufort) and the angove st one, which is the other vincent one?

i dont see why youd call them monsters, arent they 5 storeys?

haha agreed, no teasing needed here!

re the saraceni projects i know of 2, one in stirling (10th and beaufort) and the angove st one, which is the other vincent one?

They are building commercial/ 93 apartments where Tile Expo is on Charles. Up for public comment now. Like the Angove property it's WAY over plot ratio but isn't a landmark site so will get a lot of local backlash I reckon

http://www.vincent.wa.gov.au/Your_C...ary/Nos_318-324_Lots_104100109_Charles_Street

Curious whether the interest rate drop will spur some investors back into the Perth market, cant be bad?? Thoughts anyone

the Saraceni monsters (x2)

Like the Angove property it's WAY over plot ratio but isn't a landmark site so will get a lot of local backlash I reckon

Angove St is 6 storeys :)

Under TPS1, CoV have applied discretion in supporting an extra 2 storeys, pending some setback changes on the Western elevation to minimise bulk as viewed from Angove St... Aside from that, the height is fully compliant under the upcoming TPS2, which did sway the decision of the DAP back in December.

23 objections, only 14 were valid and considered in the CoV's report to DAP. There was minimal backlash.. Probably because an architecturally designed mixed use development is a more attractive proposition than a crusty old service station. Probably also because the developer met and discussed the development with dozens of residents within a 400m radius of the site, especially the adjoining neighbours ;)

Plot ratio is a moot point.. I don't know of any inner city multi storey mixed use sites that meet their original plot ratios.

I agree with the general gist Of your post.

What's your role in the development btw? You clearly gave inside Knowledge

Angove St is 6 storeys :)

Under TPS1, CoV have applied discretion in supporting an extra 2 storeys, pending some setback changes on the Western elevation to minimise bulk as viewed from Angove St... Aside from that, the height is fully compliant under the upcoming TPS2, which did sway the decision of the DAP back in December.

23 objections, only 14 were valid and considered in the CoV's report to DAP. There was minimal backlash.. Probably because an architecturally designed mixed use development is a more attractive proposition than a crusty old service station. Probably also because the developer met and discussed the development with dozens of residents within a 400m radius of the site, especially the adjoining neighbours ;)

Plot ratio is a moot point.. I don't know of any inner city multi storey mixed use sites that meet their original plot ratios.

The crusty old service station won't be missed :) The 2 sites are pretty different though with the service station orientation allowing overshadowing to fall over the street whereas Charles St will fall over neighbours. I like the design of Charles Street though with some really nice balconies/terraces.

I was surprised to see the Charles St one come up so quickly as they are both big projects but as you know it could be a long process before it's approved so the 2 might not hit the market at the same time and compete against each other.

I'm looking forward to some invigoration of North Perth, it's been too quiet and it's such a gem.

BTW when I said 'monsters' I didn't mean ugly horrible huge, just big development. North Perth is very low scale still so in comparison they are big but as I have 3 sites there I'm enjoying seeing someone push the boundaries and some increase in scale.

The other big development on Charles St has been selling well. DevelopWise at 362 Charles http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-wa-north+perth-118913699

I'll take the scraps/left overs for my small resi/comm project on Angove.

Back