Perth - Start of New Boom 2011 ?

Linda,

if you see anything in eden hill or surrounds that stacks up, let me know?

spotters fee (generous) available :)

Tell me more of what you're looking for - Pm me - I've got about 4 properties in mind that have potential, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Why doesn't a WA local start up a property management business? A business that charged reasonable rates would blitz, should get lots of properties from SS's and when the boom comes will get plenty of the interstate business as well.

Good idea but

Why doesn't a WA local start up a property management business? A business that charged reasonable rates would blitz, should get lots of properties from SS's and when the boom comes will get plenty of the interstate business as well.

Good idea but your competitive advantage would go as the existing REA pulled their finger out and reduced prices - though by then hopefully you would have attracted a loyal customer base.

Would be great for landlords though as it would hopefully provoke said finger pulling and rationalise the costs with the eastern states.......so someone more entrepreneurial than me do it (and I'll sign up:)).

Would be great for landlords though as it would hopefully provoke said finger pulling and rationalise the costs with the eastern states.......so someone more entrepreneurial than me do it (and I'll sign up:)).

Property management is not the only thing more expensive in WA. I am surprised more entrepreneurial east coasters do not start up businesses over here.

yeah they do.

just join up with a agent that does not have a rental department , do the agent reps course and u r away, follow ur passion and all that.

cmon dtraeger2k give it a go!

That'd require people skills. If anyone in the IT industry found out I had any of those my career would be ruined! :p

On a more serious note, I'm curious if theres a hidden underlying cost into making WA stuff more expensive? I know meals / drinks are more expensive here due to pokies not being legal, but can't find any reasons property management related.

That'd require people skills. If anyone in the IT industry found out I had any of those my career would be ruined! :p

On a more serious note, I'm curious if theres a hidden underlying cost into making WA stuff more expensive? I know meals / drinks are more expensive here due to pokies not being legal, but can't find any reasons property management related.

.....because they can.

On a more serious note, I'm curious if theres a hidden underlying cost into making WA stuff more expensive?

Well there are certainly good reasons for electricity. No economies of scale, a more distributed network serving every farmer from Geraldton to Esperance, higher (international) gas prices, very peaky load profile, etc etc etc. Works out to about 20-25% more on the generation cost at least and 10-15% on the retail price.

Same issues with water, sewage, roads, rail etc etc etc. Lower population density on average and fewer economies of scale. No doubt these issues extend to other markets as well...

The can because of lack of competition due to over-regulation of every single industry.

I think this is it to a point, this allows small mixed businesses privately owned to really take the p... when it comes to pricing, knowing that for 6 hours of the day Woolworths etc is closed!

In WA, maccas and other Australia wide stores really represent damn good value which is pretty sad. A mcangus is about the best value you are going to get...

All that said I have only been in Perth for 2 years, so it is possible that I have not found the good value eat's around the place.

Hey about Perth does anyone know where you can get a souva roll south of the river. Or even more importantly anywhere you can get Yum Cha around Mandurah? I rang some Chinese places last weekend. At one they did not know what I was talking about so said, "I don't know what that is so I don't think we do it."

tom, at least you found out where not to go for good yumcha

Don't know what it is ? What sort of restaurant is this and what sort of cook is this to have not heard of it ?

Personally I only knew it as dim sum and discovered the term yum cha 11 yrs ago in Sydney, but I'm neither a chinese restuarant owner nor chef.

There's a few in Northbridge Perth I've been to around James & William St which are popular and I enjoyed, but I don't know much about Mandurah.

What's a souva roll ?

Back