Pesky Real Estate Angents

Hi ppl

I have found a great house in a great suburb that has reno potential and I can get it for a good price.Hower it is listed a s"forthcoming auction" and the vendor is a lovely old lady who just wants to sell, but shes a bit sick at the moment and is putting of the sale until she fells better.
I have offered a deposit to the agent and a offer to buy(at the asking price) with a clause stating that I will wait until the old dear is better and that I am willing to extend the settlement period to the maximum and longer until she is ready to sell.
However the agent has dollar signs in his eyes and will not accept my offer as he wants to take it to auction.
I have spoken to the lovely lady(vendor) and she has said she doesnt want to go to auction and said the whole auction idea is getting her stressed out.
The agent wouldnt even let me see the house even after the old dear told me to ring him to arrange an appointment to see the place.
This agent is blocking the sale.
What are my options? Is this agent breaking any laws?

dags

I think legally they have to present all offers to the the vendor. If your talking to the old lady why dont you just give her your offer in writing, then she can show the real estate agent her self if she's keen to be rid of the place.

I know where your coming from though, im trying to buy a place in Sydney at the moment and it's such a pain dealing with pi$$ ant RE agents. :mad:

I'm just wondering why the agent is stalling. Is it just a matter of they want to get more advertising fees and have access to more potential buyers and sellers via a prolonged auction process?
Alex

If the REA isn't presenting your written offers in NSW, then he is breaking the law. If you're getting nowhere with him and have approached the vendor, let her know that you will be submitting an offer to her solicitor (details should be on front of contract) and let her make up her mind.
Good luck!

alexlee said:
I'm just wondering why the agent is stalling. Is it just a matter of they want to get more advertising fees and have access to more potential buyers and sellers via a prolonged auction process?
Alex

Thats probably pretty close to the mark!!

Jacque's advice sounds pretty good.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Back