Pest and Building Inspections from same company

Does anyone have a preference on using separate companies for building and pest inspections rather than one which provides both service?

My thinking is a company solely providing pest inspection may perform a better job as that is their speciality. I think building inspection companies tend to expand into pest inspection.

On the other hand, combining the two may lead to the inspector being more willing to spend more time at the property.

Thanks,

Joel

combined pest/building inspections

Surely it's irrelevant?

What matters is that they have the relevant skills and experience and licenses in house. Whether they are from one company or two makes no difference, except you would expect it to come cheaper!

I think the important emphasis here should be on the licensing of the inspector(s).

There may be some merit in having 2 x separate sets of eyes looking at the property. One person may miss something, but 2....perhaps not.

Based on recommendations from this forum I've booked Twinspectors to check over a property for me on Monday. 2 people attend the site, one licensed builder and one pest inspector. I like the idea of 2 sets of eyes too and dealing with one company saves time and effort. I'll report back after the inspection :)

Well that was a pleasant experience. I followed the guys around like a shadow and noted everything. Each were pointing out items to the other so definitely great having 2 sets of eyes there. They found a few things I wasn't able to see and explained possible scenarios and provided good recommendations.

Very friendly guys too and the admin team were fantastic. Highly recommended.

Back