Peter Spann ? Freeman Fox

Hi guys;
Just wondering if anyone here uses either "Fox Trader" or "Market Fox", and if so whether they consider it to be good value for money and would recommend it to others.
Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
TrevorG

Trevor,

I use FoxTrader- but I'm only just learning. I'm quite an amateur.

My only useful comment is that downloads are FAR more reliable, and much faster, than what I have used before. Strategy searches seem pretty good too (ie, search for the best Protected Covered Call strategy for a given stock).

But I don't have the wherewithall to be putting money into these strategies at present.

Hi Trevor,

I have attended nearly all of Peter's seminars 9except the ones in Fiji & hayman island!!) and over the past couple of years have worked a lot of his material into my own investing style. I bought his Foxtrader and have been using it for over a year now.

I don't want to bag the program, as it is good but I have become so used to Metastock (which is the industry leader) that it's very hard to get used to a program that doesn't do things as well. Having said that, Foxtrader attempts to be both a technical analysis tool AND provide company fundamentals so that you can follow Peter's 7 power principals etc.

If you have never used any technical analysis program before, I would say it's ok. It obviously works well if you are going to use his system of options and long-term investing. I'd still go for Metastock though, as it just does it all so well.

Just an opinion though!

Can't comment on Foxtrader but for technical analysis it is hard to go past Metastock if you are serious (lots of support) . Another option to consider if you want to combine technicals and fundamentals is Sherpa, user friendly and great scanning but no system testing at this stage although Sherpa Pro when it becomes available should make it more complete. Really what you need to do is like for any piece for software, figure out what you need it to do and then find the most appropriate one as there are some very good cheap or even free options out there dependant upon your skill/knowledge level. Have a look at www.spacejock.com for a free charting programme.

Fox Trader / Market Fox

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is greatly appreciated.
Do any of you know how much Metastock is to purchase and maintain?
Thanks again
TrevorG

Back