Peter SPANN in WA- April

I thought the the seminar was very interesting.
Peter explained different aspects of the share markets in a very simple easy to follow manner. It doesnt seem so scary afterall.
It encouraged my thoughts on different investing strategies.So it was well worth my attendance.
Thankyou Peter for making the long trip to Perth.
Hope you enjoyed your brief stay in the Wild West.
cheers yadreamin

Middle row, up the back.
Just behind the bloke wearing his partners lovely shawl. [he was a bit cold].

Was this seminar advertised in the media at all here ?

yadreamin said:
Was this seminar advertised in the media at all here ?

I never saw it advertised in the print media. - only here on Somersoft.
Given the 500 audience id say it wasnt advertised in the paper. He did get a great turnout tho this being the case.

redwing said:
I never saw it advertised either other than here..:confused:

Maybe it was ALL Somersofterians...
... plus Freeman Fox clients. There was extensive marketing done to the database. (I received another one in the mail yesterday- just a little too late :D )

Hi Geoff..

Do FF clients have any interaction with anyone here in WA or are they pretty much lone rangers?

PS- You may be right about the FF clients as Peter mentioned that a few people approached him and stated (as you mentioned in an earlier post) that his strategy had changed (they weregoing off strategies Peter mentioned 4-5 years back-possibly last time he visited?)

Anyway..I enjoyed the evening, peter's a great presenter

bigfella966 said:
It's a wonder how anyone could have missed us, we were the 3 best lookin blokes there :cool: :rolleyes:

BF

Hmmmmmm well I didnt want to mention it on the night but it was like looking in a mirror :rolleyes: ;)

Rixter said:
Hmmmmmm well I didnt want to mention it on the night but it was like looking in a mirror :rolleyes:
Just imagine Rixter, our looks AND a Ferarri :eek: :eek: , the world would be our oyster........ then again, maybe just a mussel :eek:

BF

bigfella966 said:
It's a wonder how anyone could have missed us, we were the 3 best lookin blokes there :cool: :rolleyes:

BF

I am pretty sure l picked you out in the crowd bf, but you were giving a bag of peanuts a pretty serious work out when saw you, it kinda scared me off :D

yadreamin said:
I am pretty sure l picked you out in the crowd bf, but you were giving a bag of peanuts a pretty serious work out when saw you, it kinda scared me off :D
I just started performing so Rixter would feed them to me:D

BF

bigfella966 said:
I just started performing so Rixter would feed them to me:D

BF

Yadreamin,

I think you may have been safer standing at a distance - he near on took my arm off. It was not a pretty sight :D

Rixter said:
Yadreamin,

I think you may have been safer standing at a distance - he near on took my arm off. It was not a pretty sight :D
Peanuts, fingers, they all look the same, you should see me when I'm hungry :D

BF

bigfella966 said:

BF

I guess the rest of us were concentrating on what Spannerman had to say and just plain didn't notice you guys !!

So in essence Peter was promoting cashflow strategies with a view to automating the process for the purpose of lifestyle.

Makes good sense and made me realise that I am currently 100% hands on and probably should look to making a few changes.

The giant leap of faith here, is entrusting those investing decisions, as well as your portfolio to someone else.
That takes a bit of readjustment in the thinking.

The one thing I didn't complete agree with was with the 3 key elements of Investment where you can only have 2 of the following 3.
a) Growth
b) Yield
c) Low risk

Normally this will be the case, but there are abberations where you can get all three.
At least in the short term I believe. ie..certain markets present both growth as well as yield with a low risk factor.

kp

We are at that point that we need more cashflow to enhance our IP portfolio growth (sorry Peter, you have the figures to back up your shares vs property argument, but I still really like property), the only thing is I don't have the brain power or time to commit to both property and shares, so as I know stuff all of the latter, we have been looking at a MDA and the likes (use someone else's expertise :eek: ).

As for the Equity Enhanced Fund, just waiting on the PDS. I like the 100% loan facility, it off sets the 7.5% interest rate a bit (can do better elsewhere), would also like to have been able to access funds on a monthly basis for loan servicing instead of annually and would like to have been able to roll some of the profit back into the fund.

KPH, you talk of the dilemna of trusting someone else with your investing funds and decisions, I now have a new one, we origionally decided to put $XX,XXX into another MDA and see how it goes for a while before committing more funds and if we lost it, well them's tha breaks....... but now with the EE fund basically being locked, we would be putting in a much higher figure to take full advantage of the fund, so therefore the old clacker valve is a bit tighter on this one.

Just waiting on the PDS.

BF

MDA ??

Also the 7.5% Interest on the Fund..can you get better rates elsewhere, or considering the fund would no-one esle offer this rate at 100%?

Redwing

Hi,

We are at that point that we need more cashflow to enhance our IP portfolio growth (sorry Peter, you have the figures to back up your shares vs property argument, but I still really like property),

That's only because it was a cashflow oriented seminar. If it were a property seminar the figures would have been skewed the other way. You can't expect him to do very well if he says "yeah property is heaps better and here is a whole list of reasons why, but you should invest in this stuff over here anyway".

Hehe

Yeh, I agree that for most of us, property will always be a cornerstone of our portfolios, so it difficult to listen to Spannerman's suggestion that you minimise your property holdings (especially residential) but from a cashflow perspective, this may be the the best solution.

For many of us, the aim is to give up the day job and replace salary with passive income, then we can go investing full time, so maybe a mix of property holding as the foundation to leverage off, and diversifying over to the equity/cash side, to balancing out the holding costs of the property, as well as generate pos cashflow, is teh go.

I guess aiming to be 'wealthy' in terms of Spannerman's definition of the word, is probably not where we are at...

kp

redwing said:
MDA ??

Also the 7.5% Interest on the Fund..can you get better rates elsewhere, or considering the fund would no-one esle offer this rate at 100%?

Redwing
Managed Discretionary Account
(only learnt the term 3 weeks back - but it makes me look like I know what Im talking about :eek: ), as I'm dumb in this stocks/shares market thingy , I'll use someone else's brains to make the money for me (hopefully)

Was thinking of using funds from a LOC at 6.64% (as per Rixter), but it would be looked upon as a loan to be serviced (DSR), also I gather it would encrouch on my LVR, which I want to maximize with loans for developing 2 vacant lots and reno another 2 IP's.

BF

Back