Peter Spann returns to Perth

l heard Peter Spann is comming back to Perth this month.Does anyone know what this seminar is about?
How nice to have your company twice in 1 year Peter.
cheers yadreamin

Perth is nice, but does anyone ever come to Cairns?:) We could do with a visit or two, and we offer lovely weather at this time of year!

cheers
Sharon

That would be the Investor Update seminar I presume. 3 hours, presenting some of the products Freeman Fox has to offer.

http://www.freemanfox.com.au/default.asp has dates and venues for the event, but not much of the detail. I'd be guessing that the HFA Alternative Yield Fund shown on the web page is one of the products.

He usually has some quite interesting stuff.

How is the last protected product going (Macquarie)if anyone got involved?

I was interested, but not in a position to get involved at that stage.

I will have my team answer both questions.
Always a pleasure to go half way round the world in my own country!
But we got a great response last time we were there so we thought we would come back.
MEEIF (in the little time it has had) is performing well.

How is the last protected product going (Macquarie)if anyone got involved?

I was interested, but not in a position to get involved at that stage.

We invested in the first protected product, namely MQ Multi Strategy Fund Issue 1

To invest in this fund you had to make an initial interest payment, which covered the first 6 months.

Thus on a $100k investment the initial cost was $3.7k paid in Dec 2005
Then at June 30 2006 had to make the next interest payment in advance this time for 12 months which came to $6.9k.

The income distribution was as follows :-

$7995 Total Distribution
$5286 Cash
$1974 Reinvested
$729 Franking Credits

So against the first interest payment of $3700 we returned $5286 in cash. Unfortunately we had to pay the next interest payment prior to this distribution for which no income will be received for another year.

The original unit price was $1 per unit (I think) these have now gone down, with the reinvestment price now $0.94. A 6% capital loss in value.

I would have preferred to get the reinvested amount as a cash distribution as I went into this fund solely based on the ability to generate income. At this point the reinvestment seems to only prop up a price that is 'protected'.

Cheers

MEEIF Performance and Perth Investor Update

Dear All,

As at 31 August after two months of performance, MEEIF posted a return of 1.48%. It had a negative month in July of -0.86 followed by a positive month for August of 2.34%.

The Perth Investor Update is on Tuesday 24 October from 6 to 9pm at the Perth Convention Centre. At this event Peter will be covering The 5 Critical Things You Need to Do to Secure Your Financial Future along with one of his favourite topics, Investor Psychology.

Plus he will be showcasing a new investment product that holds the “quinella” of Peters strategies from previous events –
1. Diversification plus it has 100% finance – so you can get that diversification without investing a large amount of money
2. Lowers Risk because it is Capital Guaranteed
3. Increases leverage
4. Enables you to invest in products you wouldn’t normally be able too
5. Automation – because it is managed, the investments are looked after for you.
This is an outstanding event and we would be delighted to invite members of the Somersoft forum along as our guests. Simply call Freeman Fox on 1800 000 369 to secure your place.

Yours sincerely

Darren Brind
Freeman Fox Ltd

We invested in the first protected product, namely MQ Multi Strategy Fund Issue 1

The original unit price was $1 per unit (I think) these have now gone down, with the reinvestment price now $0.94. A 6% capital loss in value.

Cheers

Hi Handy,

I was under the impression we got more units issued under reinvested cap - I could be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time...:) )

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Y-man

Don't know what you mean re 'reinvested cap'?

Cheers

Hi Handy,

Sorry, poor way to express "the reinvested portion of the distribution has been issued as additional units".

So although the unit price is down 6%, your entire holding would have only gone down 4% (or thereabouts I think :confused: ) as you would have 2098 units more than at the start.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Y-man

Understand what you mean but the original investment has still lost 6%. They then kept $1974 which was invested at 94c, this new investment at that time lost zero.

But this is exactly what I was saying about preferring to get it as a distribution based on my income criteria.

Also I am now propping up an investment that is capital gareenteed at $1 per unit, I assume that those extra units are not gareenteed. According to the paperwork the amount reinvested is also taxable and is not just capital growth meaning it was actually realised and then reinvested.

cheers

Hi Y-man

Understand what you mean but the original investment has still lost 6%. They then kept $1974 which was invested at 94c, this new investment at that time lost zero.

But this is exactly what I was saying about preferring to get it as a distribution based on my income criteria.

Also I am now propping up an investment that is capital gareenteed at $1 per unit, I assume that those extra units are not gareenteed. According to the paperwork the amount reinvested is also taxable and is not just capital growth meaning it was actually realised and then reinvested.

cheers

This is what l was afraid of when it was presented.The over riding factor is that you have no control at all.[for me anyway]
I could be wrong though.

cheers yadreamin

I am not sure what the issue is here.

Apart from the point that this is a much longer term investment and conditions were not favourable for a positive outcome last year.

While performance is always better then non-performance (and we are talking to Macquarie about that) the investment is capital protected.

If they want to pay out dividends like this it is perfectly fine with me. They are paying out part of the capital value to assist me with my cash flow - the defecit is their problem.

I might go to this! Redwing would I be able to meet up with you, as when I get into Cities I'm not sure where I'm going or how to find my way around.

Country boy I need wide open paddocks and spaces. I know how to get to that big garden that's where I went last time overlooking the sky scrappers and the city lights.

Can I follow your car in?

This would be my first property seminar ever.

Back