Physically throwing a tenant out

Has anyone done this
they were behind on rent and wrecking the joint, a quiet visit was paid etc.
Surely you know someone who has

Ps
Not asking for myself or friends, just a thought

is it even legal physically throwing them out ? :p

i once saw an article on one of those IP mags, this guy was saying instead of going through the tribunal to get this tenants from hell out which would potentially cost several thousands of dollars from malicious damage and loss of rent through the wait period, he offered them $2k cash instead to pack all their stuff and exit the place within 1 week. They did and he got his house back with less stress. I think it was a great idea.

Mate of mine done it last month. Tenant wouldn't leave, threatened pm, mate went over with 3 other gorillas that are built like a brick house. Quietly explained the consequence of not vacating within 3 days.

Left next day vacated and never to be seen. Rent even paid in full.

would love to have mates like these 3 gorilla guys :D but wonder if they'd actually physically do anything to the tenants if they continue to stay.

Mate of mine done it last month. Tenant wouldn't leave, threatened pm, mate went over with 3 other gorillas that are built like a brick house. Quietly explained the consequence of not vacating within 3 days.

Left next day vacated and never to be seen. Rent even paid in full.

Believe me had he not vacate he would have been drinking his dinner through a straw. We're talking 150kg tongans.

They warn you first at least.

I read somewhere that if people squat in the place and don't leave, the best way to handle is to to move in then you can call the cops as they are trespassing on your home.

Not sure how true it is though...

I read somewhere that if people squat in the place and don't leave, the best way to handle is to to move in then you can call the cops as they are trespassing on your home.

Not sure how true it is though...

Almost certainly wouldn't work. The police I normally deal with would say its a "civil issue" 99% of the time and won't even come out.

We had tenants who we issued notice to leave, but the male partner was on drugs and had stopped paying rent because there were worms in the drinking water etc (delusional). Female was fine, but clearly needed to get out of the house and away from him (hopefully).

We issued notices when they were due for non payment of rent, and they had until midnight to hand back the keys (the house is not "ours" until they hand back the keys - not sure if this is still the case).

Hubby could not come with me next morning, so I arranged the day before for the local police to meet me there at 7.30am and they would ensure they left the house.

The day before I drove past and saw them loading their stuff, so I called and cancelled the police presence. We still didn't get the keys back, but got a locksmith in that morning to change the locks. Called the RTA later in the day and they told me that as we had not had the keys handed back, we had no right to change the locks as it was not yet "our house". Too bad, so sad. It was indeed "our house" again, but legally we were in the wrong.

The police were very willing to come to the house with me to "move them along" if they had not moved on their own accord.

Wylie, <Called the RTA later in the day and they told me that as we had not had the keys handed back, we had no right to change the locks as it was not yet "our house".>

The regulators protect the offenders and so often they are serial offenders, who increase the costs of providing rental property and force up rents.

One day it must dawn on responsible tenants that it is they who ultimately must carry those tenants who damage properties and do not pay their rent.

Back