Picton NSW? Any thoughts

I am just doing a bit of research on Picton trying to get my foot in the door into the Sydney house market while the market is still downish.

Can anyone shed any light on Picton? Good and bad points, any areas or streets to steer clear of, future potential CG?

Cheers.

I wouldnt recommend buying in that area. I live 40 min away from Picton ( city way not country) and still think i live so far from the city. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend vs how much rent you can get from this as well. I think the area is majority of homeowners rather then renters so may be a little hard to get someone to rent it out. Theres not many jobs either

as tash said, i dont think its the best choice, most of the ppl who would rent either buy or move closer to there place of work

I know its a bit further out but my aim is to buy a house at reasonable price in Sydney area. Picton seems well established.

If majority of people are home owners isnt that a better area to have an investment property as home owners are more likely to add extra value (improvements to their place) to their house which pushes up the value of properties in that area as opposed to buying in an area where 90% of properties are investments and you are competing with everyone for rent too???

I don't know Picton that well. But note that it has a new shopping centre and Bi-Lo etc. Couple of nice pubs:D and golf course. There is a new flour mill being constructed about 4klm east of the town. Also a major cement plant. A couple of coal mines within 20klm.

Tahmor is even further out but it has grown a lot in the past 10 yrs.
The area has not really changed a lot over the years. Although it is a lot tidier. Country feel with nice parks and facilities around. Closest beach Bulli or Thiroul
There is a train station but i think you have to change trains at Campbeltown to get into the city. Cost of fuel and distance from work may effect a lot of people.

Gee Cee

Greg

Back