Pizza Night

Hi Everyone

We are having a pizza night in 3 weeks time, been a while, DH built the pizza oven and its been fun, but it is also hard work.

You get 2 out of the pizza oven and they are consumed in seconds, and the beasts are ready for more.

Some tips - have the bases ready to go, also have toppings in separate dishes and everyone make their own/help themselves. However, found this is not always the best way to go because we find more topping on the floor than on the pizza and also too much topping on each pizza, does not make for a delicious pizza.

Was watching a cooking show set in Naples, Italy, the originators of pizza, and they were making a margarita pizza, the trick to a good pizza is basically good produce/ingredients and keep it simple.

Asking for any suggestions on pizzas/toppings for the evening, we have made the norm/traditional pizzas, looking for something new that is delicious, will give it a trial run prior to the pizza night:)

Oh yes, one person is a vegetarian

Thanks
MTR:)

Attachments

• pizza oven.jpg
    pizza oven.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 133
Hi Everyone

We are having a pizza night in 3 weeks time, been a while, DH built the pizza oven and its been fun, but it is also hard work.

You get 2 out of the pizza oven and they are consumed in seconds, and the beasts are ready for more.

Some tips - have the bases ready to go, also have toppings in separate dishes and everyone make their own/help themselves. However, found this is not always the best way to go because we find more topping on the floor than on the pizza and also too much topping on each pizza, does not make for a delicious pizza.

Was watching a cooking show set in Naples, Italy, the originators of pizza, and they were making a margarita pizza, the trick to a good pizza is basically good produce/ingredients and keep it simple.

Asking for any suggestions on pizzas/toppings for the evening, we have made the norm/traditional pizzas, looking for something new that is delicious, will give it a trial run prior to the pizza night:)

Oh yes, one person is a vegetarian

Thanks
MTR:)

I got a great pizza base recipe off my friend who makes delicious pizza. Do you need that? Her tip also is only use a few toppings.

This guy makes great pizza's. Lamb and Smoked Salmon with creme are my favourires. Should get sone idea's off him, yum, i miss Brisbane! http://m.gourmetpizzasaustralia.com/#!Gourmet%20Vegetarian.%20Lge%20$17.%20Reg%20$14.%20G/F%20$17|000
http://www.gourmetpizzasaustralia.com/#!Gourmet%20Vegetarian.%20Lge%20$17.%20Reg%20$14.%20G/F%20$17|000

Last edited:
This guy makes great pizza's. Lamb and Smoked Salmon with creme are my favourires. Should get sone idea's off him, yum, i miss Brisbane! http://m.gourmetpizzasaustralia.com/#!Gourmet%20Vegetarian.%20Lge%20$17.%20Reg%20$14.%20G/F%20$17|000

Can you send that link again, can not open this.

Pizza oven looks great.

Home made wood fired pizza is a big hit in our household. Almost happen weekly basis :D

I usually put chili flakes on mine.

family likes eggs as well on top of everything else.

rest the dough, then rest it again once its rolled. It can sit on those boards for a couple of hours. Rest it at least 30 minutes if you can.

Paint the top and especially the sides with oil.

Not too many, or too much toppings, the less the better.

Dont let the punters do it.

So two or three ingredients only.

basil sugo and cheese for instance

Some other suggestions

potatos garlic and rosemary

sugo salami and pesto (my favourite)

spinach fetta and fennel

rasberries fior de latte and marshmello/white choc

roast lamb dukka and tsatsiki (add as a dressing after cooking)

smoked salmon capers and dill

field shrooms garlic feta and sage (ok that ones 4 ingredients)

Bacon egg and parsley (add the egg half way through and parsley after its done)

Dont forget to cook roast meats, vegies in the oven. Wrap stuff in bannana leaves for a diferent flavour.

Hi

Oh.....awesome pizza oven.

Are you looking to adopt a best friend?:D

Regards,

alicudi

Thanks.
This is a work in progress, been going for years:eek:, DH made the cupboards, tiled, built walls, we are just waiting on the stainless steel doors, currently being made up, but he pretty much built everything from scratch. Save money, but you need patience if you go this road, not for everyone.

Attachments

• pizza2.jpg
    pizza2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 98
Fantastic topping options tobe. I was busy planning which one I'd make for dinner, until I remembered that we've got to go to a birthday this evening.

Tomorrow it is then. :)

If you like thin base, Lebanese/pita bread is the best (also easy:)

My favourite combo atm is brosceto and black olives, once cooked topped with rocket and parmesan.

Love the pizza oven!

Don't forget the desert pizza!!

Melted chocolate as the sauce, marshmallows, peaches and a sprinkle of baileys for the adults.

You can also do a stuffed crust like the cheese crusts but put chocolate in it.

Back