Votes: 61 53.5%
  • drop by 125

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • drop by 150

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • drop by even even more!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
sweet.... im 6.06% with the CBA, and i settle on 16th Dec so i should start off on that nice low rate.

I'm basically cashflow neutral with this drop! Yay!

"MEDIA RELEASE
No: 2008-27
Date: 2 December 2008
Embargo: For Immediate Release

STATEMENT BY GLENN STEVENS, GOVERNOR
MONETARY POLICY
At its meeting today, the Board decided to reduce the cash rate by a further 100 basis points, to 4.25 per cent, effective 3 December 2008.

There has now been a major easing in monetary policy over the past few months. Together with the spending measures announced by the Government, and a large fall in the Australian dollar exchange rate, significant policy stimulus will be supporting demand over the year ahead.

Big warning there guys - the RBA is saying "we have given it a good kick now we are going to sit back and watch for awhile".

Im with CBA and somehow my rate has gone down to 6.04% rather than 6.06% Am I special or something?

I'm the same as you... standard variable rate is 6.74%, professional package/discount of 0.7% makes it 6.04... not sure why the others are paying the extra 0.02%!

CBA and NAB passing on the full 100 points. Westpac only 80 points

Yeah baby! CBA customer here:D

And the message this says is the risk I saw of the Banks "agreeing":rolleyes: to work as group and hand us crumbs has fallen over to good old market competition.

Now we simply have the wait the 4 weeks (I expect ) for them to reset the computer.:rolleyes:

All good, Peter 14.7

I'm the same as you... standard variable rate is 6.74%, professional package/discount of 0.7% makes it 6.04... not sure why the others are paying the extra 0.02%!

WOW rates of 6.04%. last time we had this is was middle 2003 and the top of the last boom in Sydney.

As RBA saying we are sitting pat now, I read this as more, dont expect special meeting in January. We are all at the beach:cool:

Saves me $140 a week. Petrol under $1. Work still flat out. God Bless the USA:rolleyes:.

Peter 14.7:D

Bloody great news!

Im saving a shedload on repayments, 1 of my properties purchased 4 months ago has just turned CF neutral and the one to settle has dropped a few thousand a year, you beauty.

For me the most important extract in the RBA media release was this:

...the Board judged that a further significant reduction in the cash rate was warranted now, to take monetary policy to an expansionary setting.

In their mind they've gone beyond nuetral to expansionary (as in, they have gone to the point that they feel monetary policy that supports economic growth).

Barring any further major deteroriation in financial markets or even worse than expected economic data (I doubt that a slight recession is unexpected), then I would expect future moves will be + or - 25 bps from now on (as history has shown the RBA likes to do).

just have to sit and wait for ANZ now to over analyse everything for 3 weeks before they decide to drop their rates by however much it will be and then do it without telling anyone...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

CBA is 1% and from the 12th

1% and within 10 days. Which Bank?!?!?! Could it be they are actually going back to providing service???:confused:

Or does the Cynic in me think the IT staff are on leave from Friday the 12th so it got rushed. Nooooo too cruel:rolleyes:

Peter:D

Big warning there guys - the RBA is saying "we have given it a good kick now we are going to sit back and watch for awhile".

Who cares, at 4.25% we are now expansionary. I wouldnt be surprised to see a future decease in 2009 of only 0.5% (two 0.25% discounts).
And at 4.25% my portfolio is massively cash flow postive (it was positve at the start of 2007 when interest rates were 2% higher than now).

Who cares, at 4.25% we are now expansionary. I wouldnt be surprised to see a future decease in 2009 of only 0.5% (two 0.25% discounts).
And at 4.25% my portfolio is massively cash flow postive (it was positve at the start of 2007 when interest rates were 2% higher than now).

I's suggest investors lock in these rates for as long as you can get them...Once the doom & gloom spook has disappeared Im sure the RBA will be jacking up IR to combat the high CPI. Would be a good idea to lock far enough to ride through this period.

sweet.... im 6.06% with the CBA, and i settle on 16th Dec so i should start off on that nice low rate.

I'm basically cashflow neutral with this drop! Yay!

Mine settles 19th Dec at the same rate! OHH yeah, now lets hope we can get the IR to 4.5% and then locky locky :)

Back