Planning to buy a 2 bedroom in Melbourne city; advise?

all those links are a list of properties that can't really make a capital gain.

you going for below sub 50sqm which is dangerous

as for the 500 flinders st place -that is ranked as possibly the apartment block with the most noise in melbourne city. just right next to the train tracks going into flinders st.

no capital and rental gain?

was thinking since paying money for rent, might as well live in one, and pay the mortgage, and have someone to pay for it too,

no capital and rental gain?

was thinking since paying money for rent, might as well live in one, and pay the mortgage, and have someone to pay for it too,

They're just crap...no leverage, no capital growth, limited rental growth. Why bother? You might as well go buy a serviced apartment, at least you get a better yield.

hmmmmm, so i might as well rent in the city? hmmmmm, still thinking......

...or rent in a share house. I charge $220+ pw for my rooms - cheap and in a good location as well. I am sure if you compromise a bit on location you can get an even cheaper rent. Save the money and go invest it instead in a nice inner-city terrace house or a decent unit/townhouse elsewhere. Skip the CBD as it's just too hard to borrow money on these type of properties.

Rent where you want to live and invest in the area that is ripe for investment. Two very different things. Plus you get tax deductions on rental properties but you don't on your own home.
Renting out rooms in your own home is a taxation/ capital gains minefield. Stear clear.
Put your money in the place where it is going to grow the most not where you want to live

Rent where you want to live and invest in the area that is ripe for investment. Two very different things. Plus you get tax deductions on rental properties but you don't on your own home.
Renting out rooms in your own home is a taxation/ capital gains minefield. Stear clear.
Put your money in the place where it is going to grow the most not where you want to live

trying to digest and absorb the above.............and still more pondering............

you were told wrong.rather than book a hotel - just go to the inspections and wait till a train comes from southern cross. you will feel the shatter the noise. imagine anyone putting up with that 365 days a year.

double glazed depending on what time, the distance in btw the two glass panels and the installation - it will reduce the noise but not remove it.

triple glazed? - highly unlikely as it is expensive.

i would stay away from the glut of melbourne's cbd with a bargepole. I would look around somewhere in the inner ring, like South Yarra area, Hawthorn area, or even Kensington area...you're still only minutes away from the CBD.

Back