plastering help: gaps bw arch and window

So I've had a bit of plaster work done and it seems that pretty much all the windows have a gap of 1cm between the arch and window

What's the cheapest way to fill.them in

I'm also tempted to leave them as they are and to just paint them so they aren't as noticeable

I was thinking top coat plaster but that's going to be a real.pain sanding and painting

Presumably you mean that the window is proud of the wall and you have a gap behind the arc. If so then cut some timber and glue it in flush with the edge of your arc.

Tools

A little bit of architrave or quad moulding is used to cover the gap. It is there to allow for movement as the window is not load bearing (if it was your windows would be in compression and blow out all the time).

Presumably you mean that the window is proud of the wall and you have a gap behind the arc. If so then cut some timber and glue it in flush with the edge of your arc.

Tools

never heard of the term 'proud'
but im not so proud of the work,

basically, due to the house being old, and stud positions, they put a new wall in, and at this point the plaster was almost a cm out, so when you put the archs in against the plaster, hence a gap was created between the arc and the window frame,

im thinking gap filler, id be using a tube a window,

I was thinking if I simply paint the window frames a gloss white, it wont look so bad (but its probably more hope then realistic)

So it is the other way around to what I was describing. No-more-skills will shrink in such a large gap and look terrible. You need to fill the gap with something solid and it would have been easier to fix some additional timber to the window prior to the arch going on. Still doable now, just a little more work.

Tools

Had this same problem yesterday with my new windows installed in an old house. Easy fix, rip down some timber to the required thickness and glue it on the back of the arc, and then nail the arc on the window.

No more gaps will shrink and ruin the job.

never heard of the term 'proud'
but im not so proud of the work,

basically, due to the house being old, and stud positions, they put a new wall in, and at this point the plaster was almost a cm out, so when you put the archs in against the plaster, hence a gap was created between the arc and the window frame,

im thinking gap filler, id be using a tube a window,

I was thinking if I simply paint the window frames a gloss white, it wont look so bad (but its probably more hope then realistic)

How big is the gap?

It's not always due to a dodgy trade, the windows have to be put in reasonably plumb, even if you follow a wall.

Painters usually caulk the back of the arcs with no more gaps, I'd only consider putting quad there if it was 10+mm

Solution1.
Mark out architrave and cut the gyprock so that architrave sits inside of plaster.

Solution2.
Plain back of architraves, but not the part that sits on windows reveal.
This is more work.

Solution3.
If window is not nailed all the way in, take the nails out and pull the whole window in so it sits flush with plasterboard.

Back