plastic bags

whats-the-carbon-footprint-of-compact-flouros-are-they-really-green-leds-are-much-better/

Coolaid - The National Carbon Test

Interesting reading and definetly some momentum going with Malcom Turnbull, Peter Garrett etc

I'm still trying to find (after some months of searching) a site for a wind power generator I saw on 60 Minutes, ACA..or similar show a few years back, it looked like an egg beater and could power a normal home (+ put back into the grid), in cities they could place them on high rises to pick up on the updraft

Any help welcomed in finding this generator, it was being made in Sweden or some such place :(

As for the placky shopping bags, we use them in place of bin liners, Vegie scraps go into the garden

Aldi Shopping

:)As anyone that has read my posts will realise I am a bit of atight Ar---E. And also I hate shopping. My wife works and I just bludge around. (Well so my wife reckons)

I LUV Aldi Shopping. The products are mostly great quality and also good value:) I have actually typed up a list of the flow through the shop. I have a printout on our cork board and we just highlight what we need. Most of the basics are there at a good price. Anything fancy then you just hit Coles or Woolies. I know people that have their "nose between their undies" , So to speak and would not be seen dead in Aldi. But they are also running around with high priced cars and huge mortgages and just rely on their snob value proffessions!

Better go get that yummy Aldi Choc Cheesecake out of the freezer. I think it was $2*50.

Tastes the same as ^$ one from other places :)

See you at weight watchers

Gee Cee
Greg:cool:

My local supermarket uses 2 sizes of plastic bag - small and large. I can use the large ones as bin liners so get a second use out of them so usually ask for them and they comply.

I asked a few days ago saying I can't re-use the little ones for anything much whereas I can use the larger ones as bin liners. She said I'm not supposed to give them to you to if you're going to use them as bin liners. I countered with "aren't we supposed to re-use, re-cycle etc wherever we can? Isn't it better to re-use them as bin liners than just take my shopping home then throw them away? She just said that's the rule they've been told.

I answered that not all rules are meant to be broken but the stupid ones are, and I'm sure she's intelligent enough to know the difference - all said with a smile of course. She gave me the bags but said don't say what you're going to do with them next time you ask for them Ok. ;) OK! :)

Sheesh!

Olly

Hi,

We've recently sold our business but it used to really irk me when customers would buy only a greeting card, and then say "oh can I please have a bag for that as I have to go into (insert name of supermarket)

At first I was perplexed and would hand over the bag but would ask them why going into the supermarket meant that they needed to have a bag.
The usual response was "I don't want them to think I've stolen it from them (supermarket)"
After hearing this lame excuse time and time again, I would say, "look, if you want a bag - no problem. Here. Which will it be? Kill a tree or drown a dolphin? " :eek: ie. paper verses plastic? This drew a varied response. Some laughed, some swore, some just looked :eek: or :rolleyes: or :confused:

Depending on reaction I would often point out that if indeed the staff in the supermarket suspected the customer had stolen from them, they would have asked them for proof of purchase/receipt. Anyone can bring a bag from home, it doesn't mean they've paid for the item/s they have in the bag. Funny though hardly anyone asked me for a receipt! :confused:

If they really just wanted a bag so they could use it at home, why not just say so!

Regards Jodie

Back