Plumbing fittings quality

Yep, the plumber most likely won't install them due to standards. Also I know of cheap Ebay ones splitting and leaking and also rusting.

Like all things, you get what you pay for, however Reece is as the very top of the price range on all products. Try just finding some nice Caroma gear at your local Tradelink or even Bunnings.

Tony Alder are nicer and have RRP on their website. Use their gear on most of our houses and in my own personal bathroom.

I recently purchased plumbing fixtures for a three bathroom house and I bought them all on Ebay at a fraction of the cost of RRP. I purchased all German made Grohe. They came with a 15-year warranty. Two of the shower hoses arrived kinked and the seller immediately sent two new ones. I am very happy with those and the plumber didn't have a problem with them.

I also purchased a Zucchetti kitchen mixer from a private seller. I got ripped off as the tap leaks.

Did you read the thread? The upshot was that the plumber is installing them and said they're good quality and he'll be recommending them. :confused:

I was weighing in on the non-watermarked ebay stuff and giving an input towards alternatives for anyone wanting to buy off the shelf.

It is illegal for a plumber to install a fixture that is Not watermarked. You also run the risk of your house flooding from a faulty fitting and not being covered by insurance.

It is illegal for a plumber to install a fixture that is Not watermarked. You also run the risk of your house flooding from a faulty fitting and not being covered by insurance.
The fittings purchased *are* Watermarked and meet Australian Standards.

I just received my kitchen mixer tap, and I can assure you it will be the eye catcher in our kitchen... and that for A$ 195, ordered on Friday, delivered today! Now I just need to hope it works ;-)

10 years warranty as well.

Happy :)

Back