PM fails to lodge bond with RBB

I had unfortunate experience with a dkhead PM. Getting MY rent money off him was like extracting teeth.

Got a new PM - everything cool - till I starting hearing rumours that the old PM wasn't lodging bond money with rental bond board! One ex tenant I ran into says he received a Personal Chq from the old PM after he vacated premises and no corresspondence from Rental Bond Board.

Spoke to new PM who said there was a problem in the past but everything fine now! "No worry, everything fine".

Yeah right, eager to find out if the bonds (2properties) were lodged, I rang the appropriate govt department and spoke to a landlord hating maggott who basically told me that the information they hold on tenant's file was none of my god damn business!

So here we are landlords, the rental bond board only communicates with the PM and the tenant. We can easily get shafted. I now have to check with my tenants to confirm lodgement of rental bonds.

Get your PM to give you copies of the receipts for lodgement

But I still wouldn't be able to confirm lodgement of bond with Rental Bond Board (RBB).

I've got a distrust of PMs. I would feel more comfortable speaking to my tenants. I just can't believe the RBB won't deal with the landlord. We are an obvious stakeholder in the matter.

But I still wouldn't be able to confirm lodgement of bond with Rental Bond Board (RBB).

Does NSW (or wherever the property is) provide lodgement receipts?

In Vic you send off the bond lodgement form with payment, and both you/your agent and tenant receive a receipt from the RTBA with the bond number etc. In Vic we can also check all bonds currently held by our agency online.

If not, the PM should be able to provide you with a bond number and lodgement form.

Once you have the bond number, try contacting the bond board again and ask to confirm the bond number you've received is for the correct property.

Once you have the bond number, try contacting the bond board again and ask to confirm the bond number you've received is for the correct property.

Even if I have the bond number the rental bond board won't divulge any information to me. They won't even confirm if the bond has been lodged.

I suppose I could visit the PM and sight original receipts from the bond board. Alternately the tenant should have them as well. But you'd think the bond board would just tell me and save all this running around.

Even if I have the bond number the rental bond board won't divulge any information to me. They won't even confirm if the bond has been lodged.

Hmm, I was hopeful that they could give you a simple yes or no - maybe it was just the one you spoke to? Who knows.

I'd try calling again, you're the owner after all. I don't know why your current agent wouldn't show you proof.

Hmm, I was hopeful that they could give you a simple yes or no - maybe it was just the one you spoke to? Who knows.

I'd try calling again, you're the owner after all. I don't know why your current agent wouldn't show you proof.

The maggot I spoke to from the RBB wouldn't give me a simple yes or no. Maybe it was them or maybe it was the way I came across, but I doubt it.

I've only spoken to the PM over the phone and he reckons the bond has been lodged. I could visit his office and check but its in Cabramatta and its a crowded place with little parking. Its just a pain to get to. But I'll have to do it I suppose.

I've only spoken to the PM over the phone and he reckons the bond has been lodged. I could visit his office and check but its in Cabramatta and its a crowded place with little parking. Its just a pain to get to. But I'll have to do it I suppose.

Why not ask him to scan it and email it to you. Saves the parking hassles.

Back