PM recommendation in Redcliffe - Deception Bay - Berpengary

Hi

I'm after recommendations (or avoids) based on personal experiences for PM's in the Redcliffe to Burpengary area. I know there are no decent ones in Deception Bay and until some new REA's move into the area with an attitude to be better (easily done) the old ones are never going to lift their game.

PM's in the Redcliffe area is the next best choice, although I am hesitant at going outside the immediate area. Burpengary is actually closer but being the other side of the highway I feel that potential tenants may view this as being more remote and a disadvantage to them - even though they may rarely need to visit the PM office. I did try one agent there - greatest vacancy periods I have ever had - REA location or REA itself???

I have noticed Coronis Burpengary starting to take a noticeable share of the DBay sales market, has anyone had personal experience recently with Coronis, in particular Burpengary or Redcliffe office. I have found some old posts about Coronis which were mainly negative, but only half seemed to be based on actual experience, the rest on perception.

Thanks for any constructive input.

Any more recommendations or avoids. The Professionals Redcliffe seem to be the one to beat.... based on follow ups I have made on older threads. I wouldn't mind a couple of runner ups.

Also interested in feedback on Coronis who seem to be reasonably new to the area.

Thanks

Redcliffe

Ray White Redcliffe is under new management and the guys that run that now have a property management focus. We have one management with them and I have to say that the service is really good. Tim (the owner) is very down to earth and is in constant communication. Maybe give them a call and see what they can do for you. I think they used to have a property management business in the Redcliffe area before they purchased Ray White.

You often hear how companies spend a lot on advertising but don't take care of the customers they already have.

Here is a beauty on how a REA who was likely to get my IP management dropped in their lap lost it. All they had to do was pass the simplest test - communication, respond to my email, or my phone call when I gave them a second chance. After all, they had been recommended by several people!!

I had emailed 5 agencies using the general email address stated on their site. All but one replied ....the one mentioned in a previous post above as seeming to come up trumps based on my enquiries and holding no 1 spot on my short list.

It was addressed to the general office email address marked to the attention of the person listed on their website as the senior PM and "property management enquiry" just in case that person was on holidays and whoever was reading it would realise someone else should handle the enquiry. I received a read receipt from a person shown on their website as being one of the PM's. As I had not received a reply after several days I decided to ring up - just in case the person the email was marked to the attention of was on holidays and the person who read the email (or the header line) had forgotten and forwarded it anyway.

When I rang up I asked to speak to the person in charge of the PM department - I was expecting the same person as the email was directed at. I thought I may have been told this person was on holidays, which would explain why I may not have received a response to my email. I was told that she was not at her desk and my details were taken for her to return my call. That was two weeks ago!!

Guess what, they lost their spot at the top of my short list, to be replaced by a long shot who was starting to look good and had been in second spot....and is now my PM.

All the agency had to do was reply to my email or phone call and there was a good chance they would have got my business. But how could I give my business to someone whose communication is so poor, and communication is number 1 in PM qualities I require.

Considering they have been recommended by quite a few people and no negative comments (other than a substantial stuff up 5 years ago), is this a sign of a change for the worse? For those with this agency you may like to keep this experience in mind and watch out for more of the same.

Last edited:
You often hear how companies spend a lot on advertising but don't take care of the customers they already have.

Here is a beauty on how a REA who was likely to get my IP management dropped in their lap lost it. All they had to do was pass the simplest test - communication, respond to my email, or my phone call when I gave them a second chance. After all, they had been recommended by several people!!

I had emailed 5 agencies using the general email address stated on their site. All but one replied ....the one mentioned in a previous post above as seeming to come up trumps based on my enquiries and holding no 1 spot on my short list.

It was addressed to the general office email address marked to the attention of the person listed on their website as the senior PM and "property management enquiry" just in case that person was on holidays and whoever was reading it would realise someone else should handle the enquiry. I received a read receipt from a person shown on their website as being one of the PM's. As I had not received a reply after several days I decided to ring up - just in case the person the email was marked to the attention of was on holidays and the person who read the email (or the header line) had forgotten and forwarded it anyway.

When I rang up I asked to speak to the person in charge of the PM department - I was expecting the same person as the email was directed at. I thought I may have been told this person was on holidays, which would explain why I may not have received a response to my email. I was told that she was not at her desk and my details were taken for her to return my call. That was two weeks ago!!

Guess what, they lost their spot at the top of my short list, to be replaced by a long shot who was starting to look good and had been in second spot....and is now my PM.

All the agency had to do was reply to my email or phone call and there was a good chance they would have got my business. But how could I give my business to someone whose communication is so poor, and communication is number 1 in PM qualities I require.

Considering they have been recommended by quite a few people and no negative comments (other than a substantial stuff up 5 years ago), is this a sign of a change for the worse? For those with this agency you may like to keep this experience in mind and watch out for more of the same.

Unbelievable

Of late I’m calling back leads with in 20 min of them emailing me.(if I’m free)

Got a lead at 7pm the other night and called them within 5min blew their mind that I was onto it so quickly.

If they are like that with an owner how are they going to be with prospective tenants.

Could you please keep us posted on how your new PM is going.

I'm currently not too impressed with mine in that area and would appreciate some info, good or bad on your choice please.

No probs. It can take a while to test a PM if there is no situations to put them to the test. My first one lasted 15 months, but only because I did not know how slack they were - a tradie tipped me off to what the agent had been letting the tenant get away with. The second one two months - tripped over the start line :p

I wonder if it is possible to create a PM registry which is split into states and then towns/suburbs by alphabet. Agents are graded in say 5 or 6 areas of management. I can't see it being libellous if we are merely rating them on our personal experiences. Obviously it would mainly be agencies we have had problems with ....as this is what generally prompts people to post their experiences. This would be a fantastic source for us to refer to ....and used with common sense as some people are more critical than others and PM's/agencies change over time.

Any moderators reading??????????? Possible, too difficult?

As a tenant I had a very bad experience with Go Gecko at Redcliffe. They stuffed me around quite badly and also didnt look after the interests of the property owner at all.

No probs. It can take a while to test a PM if there is no situations to put them to the test. My first one lasted 15 months, but only because I did not know how slack they were - a tradie tipped me off to what the agent had been letting the tenant get away with. The second one two months - tripped over the start line :p

I wonder if it is possible to create a PM registry which is split into states and then towns/suburbs by alphabet. Agents are graded in say 5 or 6 areas of management. I can't see it being libellous if we are merely rating them on our personal experiences. Obviously it would mainly be agencies we have had problems with ....as this is what generally prompts people to post their experiences. This would be a fantastic source for us to refer to ....and used with common sense as some people are more critical than others and PM's/agencies change over time.

Any moderators reading??????????? Possible, too difficult?
Great idea !!!!

Would also be very handy if recommended PM's could be included in that.

What do you say Moderators ?????

And the search goes on! Has anyone come across any decent and competent property managers over the last year in the Redcliffe - Deception Bay area. I know it is asking a lot! There have been a number of people contact me over the year interested in my progress and hoping I could give them a recommendation but unfortunately I could not. :(

BTW, I finally got around to creating a PM registry for consideration a few days ago, not much feedback yet on interest in using. Also waiting for advice from moderator on how best to utilise. See here.

Pure Rentals Has just Put a tender in for a project in the area that will see them manage 30 apartments in the area starting in about 1 month.

If we get the job will have an office there shortly within a month

How did you go with tender ?

They ended up selling the rent roll to an onsite management team.

but due to our growth in the area we ended up hiring someone who works out of North lakes area.

So we now have people on the ground to help manage the Redcliff area if needed

There are a number I can't recommend, the most recent Ray White Redcliffe. Currently in switch to new one ...can't comment at this stage as too early.

Hi,

Any more news on good property managers or ones to avoid in the Redcliffe area? I'm looking to use Elders, just wondering if there are any good/bad experiences anyone has had with them?

Cheers

Back