pm selection

Howdy, just interested in opinions on choosing a pm.

We currently use a pm we are happy with but they are located about 2Km from our latest acquisition, and there is an re we could use only 200m from this ip.

The convenience of rent payment for the tenant and a good relationship we have with one of the principles at that particular agency are swaying us to choose them.

Should we stick with "the devil we know..." or grab every advantage we can to entice the right tenant?

Denkel,

2 km should not really be an issue, 20km may be, and 200 km is.

Many tenants have direct debit or other arrangements set up.

But if they don't, if the rea is within the general shopping area, it's not too much of a problem for them.

HOWEVER

The primary reason for using a PM is NOT how close to the tenant they are- it is how good a job they can do for you.

If you use a PM you're happy with, keep on using them- as long as they are doing a good job, and they are looking after your property properly- and as long as the rate they charge is fair.

Hiya Denkel,

I have to say, I agree totally with GeoofW.

2k is definately not an issue. In any case most agents now have all their rents paid directly into the bank in one way or another.

Stick with the current PM, if they are doing a good job. If not, then investigate your options, but I definately wouldn't be changing on the basis of 2k.

asy :D

Back