PM's/Perth investors - Urgent Request - Carpet Cleaner?

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good carpet cleaner who covers Perth's northern suburbs?

The property manager for where we rent recommended a carpet cleaning company that they use. I booked them a couple of weeks ago to clean the carpets this week at the PPOR we are about to settle on and then also at the IP we are vacating. Problem is settlement has been delayed slightly and I have been trying to reach the guy since Thursday last week because I need to reschedule and he hasn't responded to a single voice mail or sms.

I'm now running out of time and have decided I will book someone else to do the two jobs and cancel this guy. If he hasn't replied after this much time and I have no other way to contact him, I would be concerned he wouldn't even show up on the day! I've emailed the PM for an alernative contact but no reply and the last carpet cleaner I used left the carpets really damp.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thanks!

Angela :)

If the PM recommended them because they are so dam good then let the PM sort it out?

Would love to, but unfortunately this isn't for one of our IP's. We are actually tenants in this scenario and it is the PM who looks after the place we rent, so unfortunately it's our problem to get this organised as we are vacating. The PM just emailed to say she has also called the guy and left him a message to call me, but I'm giving it an hour and re-bookng elsewhere.

Anyone have any recommendations?

but you said the PM recommended them? therefore put it back on them. it's not a big deal but I think you should make the point to them that the people they are recommending are useless. otherwise just get the cheapest acceptable quote, why do you want a 'good' one?

be careful that:

- the quote is written
- it covers all the rooms, not a ridiculous assumption of 2 miniscule bedrooms
- the quote is made to you, not the property manager

i have used don mann a few times in the past and had no issues at all, his prices were pretty good

it has been at least 2 years since i used him though so not sure if he is still around 0418941380

but you said the PM recommended them? therefore put it back on them. it's not a big deal but I think you should make the point to them that the people they are recommending are useless. otherwise just get the cheapest acceptable quote, why do you want a 'good' one?

be careful that:

- the quote is written
- it covers all the rooms, not a ridiculous assumption of 2 miniscule bedrooms
- the quote is made to you, not the property manager

Totally agree with your sentiments. I did actually email the PM to tell them the trouble I was having with their contact...especially as they list this company in their lease conditions as their recommended carpet cleaner. The PM has tried contacting the carpet cleaner also but still to no avail. I also told them the guy had an hour left to respond or I would be cancelling as I can't trust that he will even show up to what I booked given the time that has elapsed with no contact. The PM has been told I will let them know the outcome because it is very unprofessional and has caused me hassles.

I would like a quailty carpet cleaner because I have two jobs for them to do. The first one is our PPOR that we have just bought, hence the reason I want a good one. If it was just the rental I would agree that cheapest is fine.

Thanks for the tips on the quote. I have made sure the orignal guy had done all those things and will do the same with his replacement. Time's up on the first guy! :)

Angela

i have used don mann a few times in the past and had no issues at all, his prices were pretty good

it has been at least 2 years since i used him though so not sure if he is still around 0418941380

Thanks Sanj. I appreciate the reply, although I must admit that given recent events I am a little gun shy now and would prefer to use someone that people are either currently using or have done so quite recently. Thanks for responding though.

Does anyone have an opinion on Miracle Carpet Care or Electrodry in Perth?

I've always used Electrodry. It really depends on the employee you get on the day though. The last guy I used almost eletrocuted himself by running over the cord and after a few colourful words quit on the spot. Apart from that I had pretty good service from them, and always made my tenants use them also after a few dodgy services from other companies. You can call them back within 7 days? if not happy with result.

We always use Magic Dry, they're very reliable and do a great job, regardless of who we actually get from them to do the work on the day.

I have used Electrodry once but never again. All they do is sprinkle some crap on the carpet and vacuum it off, carpets looked unchanged. Have used various steam cleaners ever since and carpets come up looking brand new, plus it kills any bacteria.

Back