Power dome - installations Perth

Just after some current feedback on the time frame for the installation of a power dome by Western Power in the Perth area. Nothing tricky, installation in the preferred spot next to a power pole.

Also, for those using a builder to develop, has your builder told you that you need to organise this? or organised it for you?

Unfortunately I think I've been tripped up by my builder not letting me know to get this ordered. They only thought to mention it after building approval came through (not months ago when I signed contracts or did pre-start etc), and I think I'm looking at several months of delay on my build while we wait for power.

Thanks

Just powering one up in Hilton for a subdivision. Its taken me 6 months because I've had literally 6 or so electricians quote and then flake out from connecting it - as well as about a million other delays.

Hopefully you have a better experience!

I'm more looking at time frame for western power to install a dome, rather than the running in of the connections which the builder is responsible for.

So from putting in the application for the underground power dome until it is installed (but not connected to the buildings). Anyone?

So from where you ask for a quote to when the dome is in the ground? Budget at least 3 months, up to 6 if more than a certain number of units/lots

Took me 3 months for 3 unit site, did this myself.
You will be in a queue with Western Power, but as always "the squeaky wheel gets most attention", so you just keep on their back daily.

MTR:)

For mine i applied january and it was installed 2 weeks ago. So pretty much. 4 months. That was preffered spot for two lots.

Not a quick process.

Cheers

Because they keep telling the same story, that they behind because of Xmas... give me a break:rolleyes: they should have a different story by now

I organised it then found out builder had submitted an applic about 2 months latter as well when got final quotes from them.

I'm a bit further south but 4.5 months for me and the dome was going right at base of pole. Finally connected last week.

Edit: Should have been mentioned to you when rang Synergy for a new account number.

Probably a couple of months at the fastest. Do you get on with neighbours? Ask if you can use their power and reimburse cost + a lot of beers, as it will still be cheaper than hiring a generator at $100 a day.

Back