New Power Dome Perth

ok so I go on Western Powers website to get underground power to the existing house in Hamilton Hill. At this stage its a quote to supply power from across the street and put a new dome in on the boundary only.

First quote as advertised on their website is $680.00, Sub Contractor emails me a map and says is the location where you wanted it. No I want it on the other side of the block about 20m across but same distance as it will connect up with the other lamp post on the other side of the street so no more work for Western Power / Sub Contractor.

Western Power get back to me and say the location I want is not in their "Preferred Position" and the cost is now an estimate of $6,800.00

Wow well played Western Power !

Same here, put it in the subsidised location (not the other side) for $680 and run an easement through the property.

Western Power get back to me and say the location I want is not in their "Preferred Position" and the cost is now an estimate of $6,800.00

Wow well played Western Power !
Oh, ouch! I just got a sinking feeling that mine is going the be the same. Preferred location may be the western side of the lot but I want the assets to be located on the eastern side of the lot. :(

Dang. I just checked street view and yes, it is likely this will be the case :mad:

Same here, put it in the subsidised location (not the other side) for $680 and run an easement through the property.

Cockburn Council are offering a subsidy as well but would still cost me $3.5k so save a bit there if I needed.

But I think will go with your option, shouldn't have to though, they really are taking the mickey.

I have asked them for a please explain, see what they say.

Oh, ouch! I just got a sinking feeling that mine is going the be the same. Preferred location may be the western side of the lot but I want the assets to be located on the eastern side of the lot. :(

Dang. I just checked street view and yes, it is likely this will be the case :mad:

Not sure what development you are doing but if its strata built or survey strata just do an easement like Tano suggests. Green title different story.

Cockburn Council are offering a subsidy as well but would still cost me $3.5k so save a bit there if I needed.

But I think will go with your option, shouldn't have to though, they really are taking the mickey.

I have asked them for a please explain, see what they say.

I paid around $5400
My g/friend paid around $8000

Had no clue about a subsidy, who did you speak to (Dept), as no mention of this???

Is there any specific reason you're doing green title? Does it warrant the extra cost?
Yes. I really should start my own thread but essentially it boils down to an idiotic council policy where they effectively quarantine around 75m2 of the front block from development :mad:

Land in the area is worth close $1,000 per m2, so this is a very expensive policy for me which will apply if I go strata. The policy does not apply to green title. At this stage my plan is to strata three grouped dwellings then in the future carve off the front block as a green title, which will claw back ~50 m2. I will still lose 25 m2 due to the state government's battleaxe policy. Sigh :(

Back