Power supply to Battleaxe Subdivision in Logan

Hi All

WOOHOO !!! :)
Happy to say that we have approval from Council to do our first 1 to 2 lot subdivision in Beenleigh !!

Now for the first hard question... The approval conditions seem to indicate that overhead power is OK for the existing house, but they seem to request underground power for the new rear block. There are 2 points to consider here

First - it seems that underground supply will cost about $13,000 from the existing pole on the front right of our existing block, down the pole, underground across the footpath to a green pillar, and then underground down the access handle on the left of the block to the house.

Second, it seems that supply would cost about $3,000 to overhead supply to a new property pole on the proposed lot 2 and then underground down the access handle to the house.

ALSO - there is an existing decommissioned power pole on the easement beside our block (only 60mm from our boundary on an existing registered easement next to creek). It would save us $1,100 (making the cost only $1,900) if we could possibly get approval to use the existing pole instead of installing a new pole.

Any suggestions on the best way to approach this (or who to approach first) would be much appreciated. I have contacted Council and am waiting for a call back.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :D

Bruce

Not too sure what to suggest but as I'm looking to start my first in logan very soon (sounding very similar to your) I'm wondering if there has been much progress since you posted?

Hope its going perfectly :D

Back